iFi AC iPurifier - Video Mini Series - The look, the tech, the lowdown. MORE ADDED!
Mar 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #139 of 312
PS: What do you exactly mean with Carbon Fibre. The German translation is not very helpful.

It’s a joke, suggesting that it’s snake oil. But many people already confirmed added clarity with the noise out of the mains suppressed.

It is a very worthwhile and not to mention very cheap addition to get the absolute maximum out of your setup as well as a diagnostic tool in my opinion.

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #140 of 312
It’s a joke, suggesting that it’s snake oil. But many people already confirmed added clarity with the noise out of the mains suppressed.

It is a very worthwhile and not to mention very cheap addition to get the absolute maximum out of your setup as well as a diagnostic tool in my opinion.

I am not sure what you mean?

a) The Carbon Fibre?
b) The iPurifier, because I have three of them.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #142 of 312
Carbon Fibre? I think they refer to nordost QV2 or Qk1 i had those 2 x QV2...those are wrap up with carbon fibre......had the ifi i purifer as well one of them

Let's be honest, carbon fiber does nothing, it's the same as putting carbon fiber in your cars interior thinking it will go faster from 0 to 100kmh, it would just look nice nothing else.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #143 of 312
It was a joke comparing the AC iPurifier to the Nordost Qv2, which has a carbon fiber chassis and sells for 3x the price...

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #147 of 312
No they don't

I had all 3 in comparison

iFi ac purifier is a some sort of power conditioner that lower noise into like hifi system or dac I tried it on my system it does make a slight difference in clarity maybe 2 is better? and it has a additional polarity check

Isoplug also same function used it on normal power strip it will work like a power conditioner but is more effective than iFi ac purifier which cost more in my country 2 x iFi ac purifier price = a Isoplug

Nordost on the other hand is even more expensive than the 2 but it does different things it adds in pulsed frequencies to Increases the depth and realism of the musical performance and lower background noise and you must buy 2 pcs to hear the more precise changes that they will make.... provided you had a revealing system after adding 2 of the Qv2 my mid range, vocal clarity increases due to pulsed frequencies? and small details increases maybe due to the background noise lowered ........

lLxAwws.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #148 of 312
No they don't

iFi ac purifier is a some sort of power conditioner that lower noise into like hifi system or dac I tried it on my system it does make a slight difference in clarity maybe 2 is better? and it has a additional polarity check

Isoplug also same function used it on normal power strip it will work like a power conditioner but is more effective than iFi ac purifier which cost more in my country 2 x iFi ac purifier price = a Isoplug

Nordost on the other hand is even more expensive than the 2 but it does different things it adds in pulsed frequencies to Increases the depth and realism of the musical performance and lower background noise and you must buy 2 pcs to hear the more precise changes that they will make.... provided you had a revealing system after adding 2 of the Qv2 my mid range, vocal clarity increases due to pulsed frequencies? and small details increases maybe due to the background noise lowered ........

lLxAwws.jpg

Very interesting. Thank you! I have three iPurifiers and this seems to be a magic number. I need to try the Nordost.

Mar 13, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #149 of 312
No they don't

lLxAwws.jpg

Personally I don’t think added “harmonic noise” with the Qv2 is a good thing if your aiming for a clean, natural sound. Whereas 3x iFI AC purifiers work together for a ridiculously low noise floor effectively eliminating AC noise and don’t aim to modify the sound in any way along with some very useful features.

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #150 of 312
hmmm what i think of Qv2 in my system are nice touch i was very impressed by it ,firstly i thought it was just snake oil then the retail person which i knew just let me took back those for trial test say i could just bring them back if i don't like....but after i plug in those i realize my system sounded damn good the effect is better than i upgrading power cord....i heard things like vocal having more depth, soundstage is wider and small things like birds chipping in the forest or person when tying her hair i able to hear them before that...are not that pronounce.....i thought i was maybe because i knew i added those....so might be mind trick....so i ask three of my friend come to try and they could tell me what they heard with and without those the difference then i was convince to brought those.....now is on my system not gonna remove those.......then few months later i saw these ifi ac purifier which looks like QV2 so i decided to give it a try see if the effect were the same....but i only heard slight difference when using it so maybe because of using only one?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back