If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Aug 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #2,162 of 19,246
Yay, I did not know that they are "pairs".  Resend pm.  Please disregard the first pm.  Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem. Yes, if anyone requests 2 red filters that means you will be getting 4 individual filter pieces. It takes a set (2 filter pieces) to use your earphones :wink:. So the requests should be for how many sets you want.

If you need to revise your request please put "revised" in the subject like tbmusic did.

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2,163 of 19,246
Quote:
No problem. Yes, if anyone requests 2 red filters that means you will be getting 4 individual filter pieces. It takes a set (2 filter pieces) to use your earphones :wink:. So the requests should be for how many sets you want.

If you need to revise your request please put "revised" in the subject like tbmusic did.

Thank You so much for organizing this group buy!!!!!!

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,165 of 19,246
Quote:
Regarding the filter group buy...

Please private message me with the following specific information formatted as closely as possible to my example.  Please note that if you don't include all of this information I can't guarantee you will be included in the purchase.  I don't mean to be picky, but this will make my life a lot easier. :p

Private message subject:
   "Filter Request: username color1 xx color2 xx color3 xx"
   (username being your head-fi username, color1 being the first filter color requested, xx being the number of filters of that color.)
   For example: "Filter Request: luisdent red 2 green 4 orange 1" would be for 2 red filters, 4 green filters and 1 orange filter being requested by luisdent

Private message body:
   Your Name
   Your Shipping Address
   Your Paypal email address for payment invoice

First color of filter requested  xx (xx being number of filters of that color)
   Second color of filter requested  xx
   Third, fourth, etc.

Once I start receiving all of these I'll post back with an updated list for verification and more information on payments and timeframe.  Start messaging! :p

So far I have the following requests:

Code:
 23t23dS   red 4 green 4 orange 2 gnarlsagan  red 3 groovyd  red 3 orange 3 green 3 meat01  red 2 green 2 tbmusic red 2 green 1 orange 1 zowki  red 4 orange 4

How about Friday will be the last day for requests?  See if we can get a few more people who might have missed the post by then.  I'll send out paypal invoices asap after receiving PMs.  I'll order the filters Friday or the next soonest day the payments have all been received.  It should take a few days to receive them, and I'll mail them out as soon as I can.

Please double check this list and if let me know if there are any mistakes.  Remember that these are the number of "pairs" of filters you are requesting.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #2,166 of 19,246
Quote:

So far I have the following requests:

Code:
 23t23dS   red 4 green 4 orange 2 gnarlsagan  red 3 groovyd  red 3 orange 3 green 3 meat01  red 2 green 2tbmusic red 2 green 1 orange 1 zowki  red 4 orange 4

How about Friday will be the last day for requests?  See if we can get a few more people who might have missed the post by then.  I'll send out paypal invoices asap after receiving PMs.  I'll order the filters Friday or the next soonest day the payments have all been received.  It should take a few days to receive them, and I'll mail them out as soon as I can.

Please double check this list and if let me know if there are any mistakes.  Remember that these are the number of "pairs" of filters you are requesting.

PM Sent!

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2,167 of 19,246
Apparently paypal has fees for just receiving money, even though I'm not selling anything.  Lame.

We have two options people. :p

1)  I send an official invoice, which technically is safer (I can't screw you over as easily) and you pay for the paypal fees for your filter request.  The fees are $.30 + 2.9% of the total money sent.  That would probably be somewhere between $0.40 and $.70 extra for most people (i'll calculate this for each request, no worries).  I have no problem with this method.  It can provide people with peace of mind.

2)  I email you my paypal address, and you send me money as a personal "gift" in paypal.  This is generally more frowned upon in terms of safety.  However, in this instance the money being sent is pretty small, and I would hope I have a decent enough reputation (albeit small) that I could be trusted no to steal your few dollars. :p  This (as far as I understand) wouldn't incur any fees.

This is up to each person I suppose.  Just let me know in the private message conversation you sent me which method you prefer, and I'll email an invoice or my paypal address for the gift transfer.

...Thank you paypal and ebay for monopolizing the internet money market.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #2,168 of 19,246
Also, I'll send the final invoices and my paypal address for any gift transfers friday night once I stop taking requests.  That way I can calculate the prices correctly.  If we get more people it changes the price of the filters, as they get cheaper the more you buy.  Not much, but just to be precise.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2,169 of 19,246
Ugh.  Bad news.

Green filters are completely out of stock right now.  They are on order though. Claims sept. 19th for shipping.  The other colors are fine.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Knowles-Acoustics/BF-1861-000/?qs=3unH/Dqlvl/u8b73ZrZUpQ==

I've emailed them already asking if they have a definite estimated arrival time.  Hopefully, I'll receive a response by friday.  We can then determine how we want to proceed with the greens.  Let's hope they get them soon!

I can still order them and simply send them out to everyone when I get them, but you may have to wait longer to get all your filters.  But let's see what happens in the next two days before jumping to conclusions...

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #2,170 of 19,246
Quote:
Ugh.  Bad news.

Green filters are completely out of stock right now.  They are on order though.  The other colors are fine.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Knowles-Acoustics/BF-1861-000/?qs=3unH/Dqlvl/u8b73ZrZUpQ==

I've emailed them already asking if they have an estimated arrival time.  Hopefully, I'll receive a response by friday.  We can then determine how we want to proceed with the greens.  Let's hope they get them soon!

I can still order them and simply send them out to everyone when I get them, but you may have to wait longer to get all your filters.  But let's see what happens in the next two days before jumping to conclusions...

I'll hold off on my decision about the greens until you receive solid info, but the lead time does say 6 weeks...

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2,171 of 19,246
Quote:
I'll hold off on my decision about the greens until you receive solid info, but the lead time does say 6 weeks...

Yes.  So if people don't mind waiting that long to receive their filters (i don't want to ship multiple times to everyone) then that's cool.  Maybe, just maybe, they'll say they're arriving earlier than that.  We'll see.  I would expect it's probably fairly accurate though.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #2,172 of 19,246
Quote:
Yes.  So if people don't mind waiting that long to receive their filters (i don't want to ship multiple times to everyone) then that's cool.  Maybe, just maybe, they'll say they're arriving earlier than that.  We'll see.  I would expect it's probably fairly accurate though.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet the customer service rep will just repeat what's on the product page.

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #2,174 of 19,246
Quote:
For all you filter purchasers... don't read this.  haha

http://www.head-fi.org/t/619034/fitear-f111-impressions-reviews-discussion-previously-to-go-111/675#post_9710105

They use the same BA as Etymotic, don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back