If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
May 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #121 of 19,246
I've had the P version in my basket for a while on the UK amazon, and recently the price shot up from £144 to £200, and are also out of stock.  I should have pulled the trigger earlier I guess :frowning2:

May 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #122 of 19,246
Just a word about Etymotic customer service.  I recently sent a set trusty ER-4s (first purchased in 1998, but factory refurbished a number of times) back for a cord repair, and after inspecting the stem tips, Etymotic ended up sending me essentially a completely refurbished set, with brand new transducers, for the price of just the cord repair. 

The cord also seems a bit more flexible than I remember the old one being.

The company has to offer close to the best, if not the best, customer service in the industry.  On that basis alone, highly recommended.

May 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #123 of 19,246
I have the same experience.

Etymotic rocks!

Cheers,

Peter

Quote:
Just a word about Etymotic customer service.  I recently sent a set trusty ER-4s (first purchased in 1998, but factory refurbished a number of times) back for a cord repair, and after inspecting the stem tips, Etymotic ended up sending me essentially a completely refurbished set, with brand new transducers, for the price of just the cord repair. 

The company has to offer close to the best, if not the best, customer service in the industry.  On that basis alone, highly recommended.

May 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #125 of 19,246
Good to hear! What was the turn around time? And how much did it cost (if you dont mind)? I have a chipped transducer on my Er4's, but I've been to lazy to send it in.

Quote:

May 18, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #127 of 19,246
Guys, please help me choose a portable amplifier for my er4s. No experience with amplifiers and this will be my first. I've read several amplifier reviews today and I'm still not quite sure.

Thanks

May 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #128 of 19,246
jds labs cmoybb? it's amazing paired with the er-4s. also in that price range is the e11 which is as good as the jds labs according to reviewers. either way you can't go wrong i think, until the jds labs "c421" comes out.  

Quote:
Guys, please help me choose a portable amplifier for my er4s. No experience with amplifiers and this will be my first. I've read several amplifier reviews today and I'm still not quite sure.

Thanks

May 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #129 of 19,246
jds labs cmoybb? it's amazing paired with the er-4s. also in that price range is the e11 which is as good as the jds labs according to reviewers. either way you can't go wrong i think, until the jds labs "c421" comes out.  

Thanks. You are the second person who has recommended the jds cmoybb.

How about offerings from Ray Samuels or Leckerton? Opinions? Thoughts?

May 18, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #130 of 19,246
I run my ER4S straight out of my Clip+, and they sound perfectly fine unamped. Almost can't tell the difference between that and with my mini3. Still plenty fast unamped, even with heavy metal.

May 19, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #131 of 19,246
Damn...I want a pair of these now SO BAD, just because of this thread.

The er4P's are $240 on Amazon. Would anyone happen to know if some sites have them in the $200 range? I'm not able to afford them now, plus I just got a pair of 215's. So I'm going to thoroughly enjoy these before I get another pair. But I believe the er4's will most definitely be my next pair of IEM's.

Thanks for any info. Nice to know that these run just fine without an amp too(at 27ohm and 108db sensitivity, I have no doubt these can be thoroughly driven unamped from a portable source).

By the way, any jazz listeners use these? Wondering how these sound with it.

May 19, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #132 of 19,246
Don't forget that Etymotic has that great out of warranty trade in program. If anyone has/can find a pair of old/broker/out of warranty ER6i, they can upgrade to ER4P for like a $187 shipped. That's a great deal!

I don't love the ER4P for jazz, though they're not bad. I like something a little lusher for jazz.

May 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #134 of 19,246
keep an eye on the FS section. I just received mine (post didnt lose them :D) and got them for $120. Ive seen them popping up for far less than $200 lately. One just sold for $100 :O. Anyway Im still letting my ears and brain get used to these. Ive been listening to the Xears TDIII so its quite a change. But Im liking them already :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back