If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jan 21, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #6,946 of 19,246
  Hey guy,

My ER4 wires becoming undone where the twisted pairs meet. Any recommendations on how to "glue" them back together and keep them from untwisting?

If it is not affecting the sound or comfort, ignore it. You won't see it when they are in your ears, so chill and enjoy...
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #6,948 of 19,246
Seems like a few of you have problem with your ER4 cable. I wonder - will there be any interest if I offer my service for free to build you guys the same cable I have (http://www.head-fi.org/t/538615/if-you-still-love-etymotic-er4-this-is-the-thread-for-you/6885#post_12242398)? You will only be paying for cost of parts and shipping of course, but parts cost will be less than US$40 for sure, including the adapter, cable guide and SPC cable from Lunashops, plus a pair of SMD resistors. Shouldn't be a problem of you want either P, S or B version. Just one thing - While my measurement does indicate they should be identical sounding to the original cable, I don't claim you will hear the same thing.

If you are interested, PM me. If there is enough interest, i'll start a for sale thread and we can go from there.

In. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #6,949 of 19,246
Jan 21, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #6,951 of 19,246
  That reads as though the chin guide is silver plated too:)

Bring on  the Bling!

I can paint it silver if that's your fancy
very_evil_smiley.gif

EDIT: All slots filled. If there is any more interest, we can go for a 2nd batch after mid Feb. once Lunashops is reopened.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #6,953 of 19,246

It's much neater with the resistors in the adapter (Awwan) anyway. I've currently got the stock Lear cable attached to my Etys and the stock Noble cable attached to my Lears. I would thoroughly recommend Linum Bax which I have attached to the K10UAs, which I think should be within your price range once you add shipping and taxes. It is completely noise free and very light and comfortable in use. Night and Day to the original cable.

I received my adapters from Awwan today. My Linum Bax cable arrived last Friday. My Ety cables came off very easily, maybe because I had them rebuilt by Etymotic 16 months ago. I am very impressed by the new cable and connectors. My ER4P's sound great. I am very disappointed that I've gone through two stock cables in six years but now that I can change them easily, I'll probably won't need to.

Thanks to all that helped and provided guidance.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #6,954 of 19,246

I received my adapters from Awwan today. My Linum Bax cable arrived last Friday. My Ety cables came off very easily, maybe because I had them rebuilt by Etymotic 16 months ago. I am very impressed by the new cable and connectors. My ER4P's sound great. I am very disappointed that I've gone through two stock cables in six years but now that I can change them easily, I'll probably won't need to.

Thanks to all that helped and provided guidance.

That's great news
beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #6,956 of 19,246
  Has anyone had the pleasure of listening to the Oppo HA-2 with the ER4S? 

All the time, and they go quite well together.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #6,958 of 19,246
Okay, great. I'd heard that the Sabre flare was still present on the HA2, and I'd imagined that would be even more of a problem with a revealing headphone.

I didn't notice any Sabre glare with HA-2, if anything it was slightly too smooth for me. Now, Tralucent DacAmp One, that has Sabre glare. I've heard that dac/amp become quite aggressive with bright/vibrant IEM. Like putting an IEM on steroids, once described by myself as 20,000 times extra resolution...

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #6,959 of 19,246
I still feel the best I ever heard my ER4S was with the JDS Labs C421 portable amp, it didn't get much better than that for me. Not Cayin N6, Pono Player, the Tralucent DacAmp, any of the iBasso units. Probably the closest I got was Colorfly C4 but it lacked the big balls to push ER4S like that little JDS amp ever did.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #6,960 of 19,246
I still feel the best I ever heard my ER4S was with the JDS Labs C421 portable amp, it didn't get much better than that for me. Not Cayin N6, Pono Player, the Tralucent DacAmp, any of the iBasso units. Probably the closest I got was Colorfly C4 but it lacked the big balls to push ER4S like that little JDS amp ever did.

I am listening to my ER4S with JDS C421-AD8620 right now, fed by FiiO X7's line-out.

They completed each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back