If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jan 6, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #6,871 of 19,249
If they are coming with a improved version of the ER4, would be great if they have improved the cables to have less micro phonics, an easier way to remove the cables and please give us the option of having balance cables and why not CIEM avaliable!!!  I would drool
beerchug.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #6,872 of 19,249
I personally think that the updated version (if there will really be an update, as these words have been removed from the page) will be just the regular ER-4X with a different cable - but I guess we'll see.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #6,873 of 19,249
^ I'd almost hope that's what it is. I think if they try too hard to change the sound, they will just screw up near perfection. 

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #6,874 of 19,249
Thanks to the Canadian dollar value, my total came up as $100 for the AWAN shure adapter + shure cable.

Ouch. Well at least the shure cable comes with an ear hook and is replaceable now that my ER4S is modular.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #6,877 of 19,249
question:

what would be an a bassier, more open and equally balanced/detailed iem to the ER4PT ?

being back into audio, I recently spent some time on youtube watching some bass guitarists doing riffs and quickly realized (on my sony mdr 7520 cans) that i'm a closet
basshead
L3000.gif
...I love picking out the punchy bass guitar, kick drum or floor bass in songs, along with the other instruments.. yet at the same time I don't want things overly coloured by bass...I still seek balance but with some warmth.

the flc 8s, something from aurisonics...other?

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #6,878 of 19,249
  question:

what would be an a bassier, more open and equally balanced/detailed iem to the ER4PT ?

being back into audio, I recently spent some time on youtube watching some bass guitarists doing riffs and quickly realized (on my sony mdr 7520 cans) that i'm a closet
basshead
L3000.gif
...I love picking out the punchy bass guitar, kick drum or floor bass in songs, along with the other instruments.. yet at the same time I don't want things overly coloured by bass...I still seek balance but with some warmth.

the flc 8s, something from aurisonics...other?

I would consider Westone W30. But in my opinion, although it is easy to find a bassier IEM, it is very hard to find another one with equal detail presentation as ER4.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #6,879 of 19,249

I would consider Westone W30. But in my opinion, although it is easy to find a bassier IEM, it is very hard to find another one with equal detail presentation as ER4.

wow...that says alot about the etymotics brand..same with phonaks, I've read.

says something about earphone makers & audiologists knowing their sonics.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #6,880 of 19,249
Modified cross-post from Fiio forum.

I have Etymotic ER4P. I have already sent them in once for re-cabling/rebuild and have been frustrated with the microphonics of the stock cable.

Today I ordered the shure cable adapters for the ER4's off of eBay. Does anyone have any experience with the Fiio replacement cables on ER4's? Is the cord noise reported better/worse/same as the etymotic stock cables?

Is there a preferred cable to use for the 4p? I've seen people recommend Westone but the ER4 Westone adapter wasn't available on ebay. I am assuming the connectors are not interchangeable.

For now, I've reinforced my stock cable at the plugs using a ball point pen springs but I like the thought of being able to change out the cable myself if there is a problem.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #6,881 of 19,249
Modified cross-post from Fiio forum.

I have Etymotic ER4P. I have already sent them in once for re-cabling/rebuild and have been frustrated with the microphonics of the stock cable.

Today I ordered the shure cable adapters for the ER4's off of eBay. Does anyone have any experience with the Fiio replacement cables on ER4's? Is the cord noise reported better/worse/same as the etymotic stock cables?

Is there a preferred cable to use for the 4p? I've seen people recommend Westone but the ER4 Westone adapter wasn't available on ebay. I am assuming the connectors are not interchangeable.

For now, I've reinforced my stock cable at the plugs using a ball point pen springs but I like the thought of being able to change out the cable myself if there is a problem.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hope you got the adapter from AW Audio as other seller don't have any resistor built into the adapter and that will totally change the sound of your ER4, not to mention it will lower the IEM's impedance to very low and put stress on the source.

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #6,882 of 19,249
has anyone ever gone to a local audiologist to get customs made for these:
and was the result worth it ie better seal, better low end?

there is a guy near me who does them...makes them also for noble etc...has a
good reputation...$150 is the cost

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #6,883 of 19,249

There is a thread for audiologist discussion. I have not done one but I think 150 is not cheap. Usually that cost 20-50.

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #6,885 of 19,249

Cost me $70 without shopping around / no coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back