If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Apr 9, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #5,761 of 19,272
The Sony tips are much wider bore than the Etys. If you put one on backwards, it will stretch over the barrel of the Ety and turned inside out provides an additional flange slightly larger and behind the tri-flange tip. You have in effect a quad-flange.

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,762 of 19,272
  The Sony tips are much wider bore than the Etys. If you put one on backwards, it will stretch over the barrel of the Ety and turned inside out provides an additional flange slightly larger and behind the tri-flange tip. You have in effect a quad-flange.

Thanks for the explanation. I think I get it. The bore would have to be huge for them to be able to fit over the ER-4 enclosure. Does anyone have a photo of them installed?

Would these work? (came up when I searched for "Sony MH1 silicone replacement tips")
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Silicone-Creative-Sennheiser-Earphones/dp/B001G6NPRC

Price: $0.01 + $4.49 shipping ...
etysmile.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #5,766 of 19,272
Thanks for the explanation. I think I get it. The bore would have to be huge for them to be able to fit over the ER-4 enclosure. Does anyone have a photo of them installed?

Would these work? (came up when I searched for "Sony MH1 silicone replacement tips")
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Silicone-Creative-Sennheiser-Earphones/dp/B001G6NPRC

No, they will not work, you specifically want 'Sony hybrid tips'. Find them on eBay, there's also many clones.

See how they have a small bore?

All designed for comfort and to eliminate cable noise. Missing from the photo is the DIY chin cinch - small hair band which doubles as a cable tidy when not in use. Cost is next to nothing.

You're all set. :)

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #5,767 of 19,272
No, they will not work, you specifically want 'Sony hybrid tips'. Find them on eBay, there's also many clones.

See how they have a small bore?

You're all set.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine are large standard tips that came supplied with Sony earphones. Not sure if the hybrids will turn inside out in the same way. Don't they have foam padding?

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #5,768 of 19,272
Mine are large standard tips that came supplied with Sony earphones. Not sure if the hybrids will turn inside out in the same way. Don't they have foam padding?

Thanks for explaining.

Can you take a photo of one?. Most standard Sony supplied tips are hybrids, some have foam, some don't.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #5,772 of 19,272
anyone using them in balanced? and whats your setup i have the mk3-b>fostex hp-p1 just have not had the time the really give them a go wondered wondered what other peoples balanced setup we'ere?

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #5,774 of 19,272

Hi mate

Does that explain it? It's the barrel itself I've wrapped - it's kind of rendered them a Koss plug type shape.

I cut one set (leaving only the tube shape) and wrapped it round the cable end, then I pushed a second set on from the tip end, so it sits beneath the tri flange. It's creating a hell of a seal.

So comfy though, that's the main goal I had.

Are those filters on eBay or...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back