If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Apr 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #4,201 of 19,251
On a for real note, anyone interested in earbuds should check out the ones from Sunrise. After using IEMs for so long, good earbuds have fairly surprising levels of depth, separation, and openness. Not for me, but those who care loads more about sound than fit or isolation would do well to give some quality earbuds a shot.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #4,209 of 19,251

I adore them on the Ety. For me, and I know not everyone gets the perfect fit, they are what make the ER4S a real keeper. 

Great to hear imackler, which ones do you use? Is there a particular colour that suits the Ety better?  As I see there are a few different colours....Or do I get all & try myself?

I had the star tips when i had the w4r, but I'm not sure if I ever tried them with the er4s. Too bad. Sometimes tips you wouldn't expect work great.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #4,210 of 19,251
Its a case of my now very sensitive ears that I can not use the triples any more so just looking for a more comfy alternative.
Hopefully I will know which ones to get,so start enjoying my Ety's again..pain free  :)

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #4,214 of 19,251
I couldn't get a good seal with star tips.  Comfort was good but the sq was off.  The Westone foam tips might be pretty good.  I found my ultimate comfort and sq with comply P tips and going down to the slim size for proper insertion depth.

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #4,215 of 19,251
Thanks for everyones input, only thing left is for me to try some myself....as everyones ears are different, I'm really hoping i get lucky with at least one. I see you can get a pack with both Foam & silicone tips..Nice....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back