If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Feb 11, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #18,436 of 19,251
Thinking to get this one for work purpose (loud environment).
Is there any better bluetooth module for this? the official one looks too bulky. Kinda prefer more minimalist one like the one in isotunes pro.

Something like FiiO μBTR might works too, but need very short cable which I couldn't find.

Edit : Going with ER2XR + mmcx adapter + UTWS3!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #18,437 of 19,251
Does anybody have a clue what's going with Etymotic ER38-15SM standard frosted eartips? Is it out of production?
In my personal opinion the new clearer, softer eartips are an upgrade. My ER3SRs came with the frosted ones. When I ordered more eartips I noticed they were the new clear ones, tried them out, and haven't used the frosted ones since.

I understand some people prefer the frosted ones.

I like the clear ones. Because of the softer material it goes into your ear easier and expands naturally for a full fit. The sound is amazing.

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #18,438 of 19,251
my problem with 3rd party triple flange is after few minutes is the lower part of the flange got bended/folded weirdly, might be the material is too soft or my ears canal are odd shaped... that's why my original ety flange always broken..

Feb 13, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #18,439 of 19,251

Attachments

• DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #18,445 of 19,251
hmm I don't see they make a triple flange, but their biflange material look good

Yes, they're biflange tips. (I wanted to specify that, but as happens more and more often these days, it slipped my mind.)

They're long biflange tips, though. I cut down the stems of mine. Just look through my past posts in this thread, you'll find pictures.

Feb 18, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #18,447 of 19,251
Okay this getting bit weird I just bought a ER3XR & ER4XR both for X-mas all have died on me on one side randomly. Just Emailed Etymotic about this since Amazon US is ghosting me.
Clogged filters from ear wax? That’s the first thing I’d check. Not saying your ears are dirty, but the deep insertion can pick up ear wax.

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #18,450 of 19,251
Okay this getting bit weird I just bought a ER3XR & ER4XR both for X-mas all have died on me on one side randomly. Just Emailed Etymotic about this since Amazon US is ghosting me.

It's most probably the filter. Yes, I know it looks clean, but the same thing happened to me; you can follow the whole saga, which lasted half a year and included Etymotic sending me a replacement ER4SR, in this very thread. Here's my "epiphany" post, which concluded the saga.

(When I say "concluded," it is alas not quite true. I had to change the filters on both sides since then, which means they lasted only three months.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back