If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Dec 18, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #17,341 of 19,249
Hi, any singaporean here who can email me a list of all Singapore audio stores I can visit? I want to go visit the country next month, and I want to spend the whole week only visiting audio stores :D

Thank you.
Don't really have a comprehensive list or anything like that, but some that I can think of...

Sim Lim Square would be another option with a couple of stores. Zeppelin & Co (they sell Etys, got my 2XR from them), SAM Audio (Moondrop, Tanchjim,etc), and there is a Sony dealer there at Level 3 I think where you can try some Sony IEMs if you're interested too.

The Adelphi is probably the mall WilcoRoger mentioned with a couple of stores like AV One, Jaben, and project perfection. Funan mall which is just across the road has Audio technica, B&W, Bose if you're interested? Might have others too but can't recall. :joy:

Connect-IT has a couple of stores... Stereo SG is at Plaza Singapura...

Pretty sure some of them has a lot of overlapping products and what not, so maybe you can check out their sites too to see if they have anything you're interested in.

Dec 18, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #17,343 of 19,249
Don't really have a comprehensive list or anything like that, but some that I can think of...

Sim Lim Square would be another option with a couple of stores. Zeppelin & Co (they sell Etys, got my 2XR from them), SAM Audio (Moondrop, Tanchjim,etc), and there is a Sony dealer there at Level 3 I think where you can try some Sony IEMs if you're interested too.

The Adelphi is probably the mall WilcoRoger mentioned with a couple of stores like AV One, Jaben, and project perfection. Funan mall which is just across the road has Audio technica, B&W, Bose if you're interested? Might have others too but can't recall. :joy:

Connect-IT has a couple of stores... Stereo SG is at Plaza Singapura...

Pretty sure some of them has a lot of overlapping products and what not, so maybe you can check out their sites too to see if they have anything you're interested in.
Thank you very much! This is quite comprehensive actually :) Can't wait to visit the country again.

Dec 19, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #17,344 of 19,249

Yes, Adelphi. How could I forgot the name? I used to pass it every day when I lived in the Lion City :)

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #17,345 of 19,249
So, just visited one of the audio stores in my country that has Shure Aonic 4. Crinacle's review mentions that it's B- something in resolution, while Ety is A-. But I was skeptical. Then I tried it for twenty minutes and yeah, something that costs more than ER4SR, and with a little bit more I would get EVO, it sucks. The detail is there but not as clear, and while the bass isn't bloated, it's still bleeding a bit to the mids. Yeah Hybrid driver and not even the BA is close to Ety's performance.

And I was wrong about Crinacle :D His ears are really spot on. Aonic 4 does feel like B-.. Maybe even C.

I guess I will never ever move on from Ety :D

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #17,346 of 19,249
So, just visited one of the audio stores in my country that has Shure Aonic 4. Crinacle's review mentions that it's B- something in resolution, while Ety is A-. But I was skeptical. Then I tried it for twenty minutes and yeah, something that costs more than ER4SR, and with a little bit more I would get EVO, it sucks. The detail is there but not as clear, and while the bass isn't bloated, it's still bleeding a bit to the mids. Yeah Hybrid driver and not even the BA is close to Ety's performance.

And I was wrong about Crinacle :D His ears are really spot on. Aonic 4 does feel like B-.. Maybe even C.

The SE846 is still their best of the best in flagships and it’s just not worth it. Lazy rolled off treble and sibilance. The bass is supreme but then again no better than the EVO.

Dec 19, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #17,347 of 19,249

try to audition the Sony M9 if you have the chance, to see if you might like it. it is one of the best neutral monitoring type sound that still warm enough to be pleasant for everyday listening.

Dec 19, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #17,349 of 19,249

I've always felt like Crinacle's list is pretty spot on. I've been using 4XR/SR's for the last few years and although I've purchased much more expensive IEMs and headphones, I always go back to the Ety's.

Dec 19, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #17,350 of 19,249
that might wait until I visit singapore. I'm not sure anyone has that here. Last time I checked a Sony Centre, they don't have one.

The Sony dealer at Sim Lim Square was where I demo'ed the M9, so if you're planning to visit the mall (highly recommend visiting Zeppelin & co since it's sort of a coffee shop where you can chill there too and test out stuff), it could be worth a visit. IIRC, they have the XBA-300 and XBA-N3 too. The bigger Sony stores in Singapore probably have them too.

Haven't tried the the newer Shures, but my friend has the older SE535 and very much prefer my 4XR over those. :joy:

Dec 19, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #17,351 of 19,249
The Sony dealer at Sim Lim Square was where I demo'ed the M9, so if you're planning to visit the mall (highly recommend visiting Zeppelin & co since it's sort of a coffee shop where you can chill there too and test out stuff), it could be worth a visit. IIRC, they have the XBA-300 and XBA-N3 too. The bigger Sony stores in Singapore probably have them too.

Haven't tried the the newer Shures, but my friend has the older SE535 and very much prefer my 4XR over those. :joy:
Ah I think Crinacle once made a video on this right? bringing along my MacBook, plugging in my Ety and some other IEMs, and drinking a glass of cold caramel latte..... ah... can't wait for it :D Thank you for the recommendations.

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #17,352 of 19,249
Ah I think Crinacle once made a video on this right? bringing along my MacBook, plugging in my Ety and some other IEMs, and drinking a glass of cold caramel latte..... ah... can't wait for it :D Thank you for the recommendations.
No problem at all! yeah, he did a video recently after their renovation. Nice place to chill and test some earphones/headphones along the way. :thumbsup:

Dec 20, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #17,354 of 19,249
Will there be any problems, if I use metal knowles filters on Etymotic ER2SE?
No there won’t but there is one slight problem. They don’t fit. I have a bunch I ordered from Digikey and they only fit about a fifth of the way. You can keep them in place using tips that have a smaller inner hole but just be very careful you don’t end up with a filter inside your ear.

In short, unless you can properly file down the metal sides, don’t risk it.

Dec 20, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #17,355 of 19,249
No there won’t but there is one slight problem. They don’t fit. I have a bunch I ordered from Digikey and they only fit about a fifth of the way. You can keep them in place using tips that have a smaller inner hole but just be very careful you don’t end up with a filter inside your ear.

In short, unless you can properly file down the metal sides, don’t risk it.
If thats the case, I will stick to Etymotic filters, thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back