If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Mar 3, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #16,502 of 19,249
Hi All
Just a little bit of information. I own a set of ER2XR IEM and decided to look for replacement ear tips. My fingers are frantically typing away on AliExpress and eventually after sifting through loads of results I came across these.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/322...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
I received them yesterday. I didn’t really need to replace my original ear tips yet, but of course I needed to check to see if the new ones fitted. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather! What an improvement in sound from the original ones. I couldn’t believe it. How’s there a difference I thought? On further investigation I noticed that the hole in the ear tip was larger than the original. That must have been the reason for the improvement in sound. Ok I hear you say, what does the difference sound like? I am getting there.
The difference to me is, instead of being 50mt away from the performance you are now standing right in front of the stage. Everything sounds more clear, defined. Standard saying “Like someone has opened a pair of curtains“ these ear tips cost no money at all. So it’s worth a try if you haven’t already. I was happy with the sound before, but now I’m even more happy.
Hopefully this might help someone. 😊

Kind of random post for someone who has been a member for four years with almost no posts pushing some rather generic looking tips from a random Ali express seller? Apologies for the insinuation, just a little bit suspect.

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #16,503 of 19,249
Was this always included with er4sr? In adoramas description of what is in the box, they never mentioned about dual flange tips! Well good for me I guess. 😁😁 And yeah, they just arrived, ordered Friday night, arrived now. So I should say it was rather quick, really a bargain.

Attachments

• 20210303_182625.jpg
    20210303_182625.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #16,504 of 19,249
Was this always included with ersr? In adoramas description of what is in the box, they never mentioned about dual flange tips! Well good for me I guess. 😁😁 And yeah, they just arrived, ordered Friday night, arrived now. So I should say it was rather quick, really a bargain.

My ER4SE came with them. I think it’s the norm now.

Mar 3, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #16,505 of 19,249
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #16,507 of 19,249
Kind of random post for someone who has been a member for four years with almost no posts pushing some rather generic looking tips from a random Ali express seller? Apologies for the insinuation, just a little bit suspect.
Hi
I have nothing to do with AliExpress. I was just so happy with the difference in sound that I thought I would share it. I didn’t know where to post it then I remembered that I posted something here a while ago. I am sorry if you don’t believe me. I had exactly the same thing happen to me years ago about mains cables on a different forum. I was only trying to help people.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #16,508 of 19,249
Hi
I have nothing to do with AliExpress. I was just so happy with the difference in sound that I thought I would share it. I didn’t know where to post it then I remembered that I posted something here a while ago. I am sorry if you don’t believe me. I had exactly the same thing happen to me years ago about mains cables on a different forum. I was only trying to help people.
While your grammar seems somewhat off for a native, I guess you just are enthusiastic on the sound difference in your ear canal, probably due to placement - as EtyDave mentioned eartips themselves should not make such a big (as in noticable) difference. Good for you!
I saw you used 50mt instead of 50m, which would make sense in a still-non-metric country; I believe that suggests the above is true ^_^. I hope you can see that people find your note to be similar to the obscure ways of advertisement on fora in the form of "extremely positive posts about some company or service". Funnily enough - this whole forum is kind off like that - but more critical (which is a good thing).

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #16,509 of 19,249
ER4SR really is a detail monster! Love it, also don't find the bass lacking. As a matter of fact, I was wondering whether it should be a tiny amount less or not. I guess I like a tad brighter sound. Anyway, fit is getting better with time, didn't struggled as much as I initially feared. The only gripe I have with it, is it's microphonics, wow so much of it. I guess that's the price you pay for isolation.

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #16,510 of 19,249
While your grammar seems somewhat off for a native, I guess you just are enthusiastic on the sound difference in your ear canal, probably due to placement - as EtyDave mentioned eartips themselves should not make such a big (as in noticable) difference. Good for you!
I saw you used 50mt instead of 50m, which would make sense in a still-non-metric country; I believe that suggests the above is true ^_^. I hope you can see that people find your note to be similar to the obscure ways of advertisement on fora in the form of "extremely positive posts about some company or service". Funnily enough - this whole forum is kind off like that - but more critical (which is a good thing).
Maybe it should not make that much of a difference but it seems to. I have tried both tips back and forward and every time there’s a big difference. You might be correct about placement but I can’t comment. About the so called advertising, have you seen how cheap these are on AliExpress there’s no point in trying to push the sales of these. You need to sell thousands to make any money. 😊 By the way about my grammar I have lived all my life (nearly 62 years) in Berwick upon tweed which is 2 miles from the Scottish border. So maybe I have a bit of Scots blood and language. 😊

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #16,513 of 19,249
ER4SR really is a detail monster! Love it, also don't find the bass lacking. As a matter of fact, I was wondering whether it should be a tiny amount less or not. I guess I like a tad brighter sound. Anyway, fit is getting better with time, didn't struggled as much as I initially feared. The only gripe I have with it, is it's microphonics, wow so much of it. I guess that's the price you pay for isolation.

Try to insert the ear pieces normally and then guide the cables over your ears and use the chin-slider and/or the included shirt clip. This should reduce microphonics to a more tolerable level.

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #16,514 of 19,249
Try to insert the ear pieces normally and then guide the cables over your ears and use the chin-slider and/or the included shirt clip. This should reduce microphonics to a more tolerable level.
Yeah I have been using the shirt clip which reduces the microphonics. Also I did hang them over ears in the beginning, that helped. I will put it over ears all the time then, and will also use the slider. Thanks for the help.

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #16,515 of 19,249
Maybe it should not make that much of a difference but it seems to. I have tried both tips back and forward and every time there’s a big difference. You might be correct about placement but I can’t comment. About the so called advertising, have you seen how cheap these are on AliExpress there’s no point in trying to push the sales of these. You need to sell thousands to make any money. 😊 By the way about my grammar I have lived all my life (nearly 62 years) in Berwick upon tweed which is 2 miles from the Scottish border. So maybe I have a bit of Scots blood and language. 😊
I which case I can only yield to your awesomeness. Give Nessy and the others my best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back