If you have a soul, you will like this album. Seriously.
Jan 15, 2007 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

cali141

Head-Fier
BT - This Binary Universe.

Some of you may know BT as a producer of techno-pop/trance. True, that is what he has done for a while now. However, This Binary Universe is utterly different from anything I have ever heard before. It cannot be classified into a single genre. I would label it as ambient, but that would be an insult. The sheer beauty of the songs on this track is unbelievably moving. I played the CD, expecting it to be more techno... no. It is basically what I can only call art in musical form. I don't care what you listen to, whether it be rock, classical, jazz... there really is a blend of everything on this track, and it is done with such mastery that I didn't do a single thing after realizing what it was like, and sat there and listened until the album was finished.

It is already being labeled by many who review it as potentially one of the most influential electronic albums of all time.

"...it could well be studied as the first major electronic work of the new Millennium. It's that good.", Stephen Fortner, Keyboard Magazine

Again, buy this album. Even if you've never heard of BT, and you think you have an open mind for music, buy it and listen.

Jan 15, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I bought it blind, if it sucks I'm going to hold you responsible.

Uh oh, somebody is going to get castrated...
biggrin.gif

It was nice sounding, but not exactly emotional for me. Well im emotionally quite cold when it comes to beautifull stuff anyway, only thing that touches my soul are stronger and darker ones. In music, that is.

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 21
Yeah, glad you posted the link to the sample tracks.

The album was described to me by a hopping up and down loonie at work that couldn't say enough about how gripping it was.... I think that guy would just stroke out if I fired up some Lamb Of God for him. This BT stuff is very very airy and distant.

I listen to all sorts of music, I like electronica, transe and ambient as well, but this was just not that engaging for me. It's not horrible, but it just doesn't grab me in its structure at all. Not doing anything terribly interesting to me. Minimalist and distant, o.k. but do something complex while you're out there to keep me engaged.

Compared with some electronic masters, someone like Tomita as an example, this isn't even in the same class.

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 21
I listened to some of the samples and ordered it.

I've never been much into electronica, but I've been making an effort to listen to new music. I think this one might grow on me.

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by cali141 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BT - This Binary Universe.

Some of you may know BT as a producer of techno-pop/trance. True, that is what he has done for a while now. However, This Binary Universe is utterly different from anything I have ever heard before. It cannot be classified into a single genre. I would label it as ambient, but that would be an insult. The sheer beauty of the songs on this track is unbelievably moving. I played the CD, expecting it to be more techno... no. It is basically what I can only call art in musical form. I don't care what you listen to, whether it be rock, classical, jazz... there really is a blend of everything on this track, and it is done with such mastery that I didn't do a single thing after realizing what it was like, and sat there and listened until the album was finished.

It is already being labeled by many who review it as potentially one of the most influential electronic albums of all time.

"...it could well be studied as the first major electronic work of the new Millennium. It's that good.", Stephen Fortner, Keyboard Magazine

Again, buy this album. Even if you've never heard of BT, and you think you have an open mind for music, buy it and listen.

**** I love this band :O!!!!

Thanks for exposing it to me! Hopefully the CD will be available in New Zealand...

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #13 of 21
i really liked it. thanks for bringing it to my attention. i can see how this gripped you in the way it did.
i would described it as ambient atmospheric soundscapes.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #15 of 21
i'll pick the album up, since i'm always game for good new electronic.

but i have no soul. they're imaginary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back