If you have a soul, you will like this album. Seriously.
Jan 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice enough, but as far as "moving", "beautiful", "influential", and "artistic" in electronic music goes, this doesn't even come close to something like Murcof's Martes.

Check it out.

ok, got this too, its also pretty awesome, too early to say which i prefer.
i like the samples in this a little better, its more 'industrial' sounding.

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 21
I suppose the reason I liked it so much was that this is something that BT would seemingly never do. He's one to write dance music, not progressive soundscapes. And what was better was that he did it really, really well.

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #18 of 21
i like this cd, but it is nowhere near the top "emotional" electronica. for that bjork's "vespertine", or boards of canada "geodaggi" come to mind.

bt's cd to me is more "easy listening" with some idm click put on top. remove the click and you've got yanni.

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #19 of 21
I'm surprised. I thought BT would be more popular here. He's easily my favorite artist, and This Binary Universe, to me, is absolutely incredible. I've not found an album like it. Honestly, those of you who think that it's soulless and unemotional tend to like bands that I dislike; hence, This Binary Universe wasn't intended for your tastes in the first place.

In my opinion, BT is doing an incredible job with his music, and I would love to find an artist who's works I could enjoy so much. There's a certain visceral physicality to TBU, with each pop and crackle sending shivers down my spine. It's almost like you're touching the music.

It's DEFINITELY not for everyone, and is certainly a niche album. But for those whose taste this album fits, it's a godsend.
600smile.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #20 of 21
I have it and its a great release, just not my favorite of the genre. That would go to Incunabula, and maybe Silent Shout as a close second.

The trick to Binary Universe is patience: these songs take a LONG time to develop.
The other thing is that this focuses on transients, not bass, like most IDM/electronica/etc.

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #21 of 21
for this type of ambient, it can't touch aphex twin. I liked BT's emotional technology much better... I think its the stuff BT does best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back