If you could have only 1 Open phone.....which one?
Oct 19, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #16 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O2s. HF-2 would be second on the list as it sounds good plugged into just about anything.

Just got my hf2 an hour ago. I havent heard many open headphones but the hf2s are pretty damn good.

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #17 of 54
Grado HF-2 F1
wink_face.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #20 of 54
HD650, the best I've tried so far. I really can't tell if all these more expensive phones out there are better. I can't afford them. Or I do not want to afford them. There must be limits. But the HD650 sounds amazing and are very comfortable. My source is an old Sansui turntable and my amp is wa2.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #22 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O2MK1 for electrostatic. The HD800s or K1000 if dynamic.

This.

And if I really had to pare down, I'd keep the K-1000. I can run the K-1000 off a speaker amp, so I'd be able to sell off the headphone amps, as well.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #23 of 54
I've never had the pleasure of listening to them, but from all I've read (and that's quite a bit) the GS1000 are my no. 1 most wanted can.

But the fact is, I'm perfectly happy with my HD580s so another open can, especially as pricey a headphone as the GS1000 is, will probably be a long time coming.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #24 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by quikgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you could have only one open headphone (regardless of source) what would it be?

Yuin G1A or PK1, depending of source.

Are these "headphones" or did you mean full-size cans?

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #25 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine sound pretty good straight out of the box - wonder how they'll mature?

yes sir jjinh.. mine sounded superb too straight out of the box
beerchug.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This.

And if I really had to pare down, I'd keep the K-1000. I can run the K-1000 off a speaker amp, so I'd be able to sell off the headphone amps, as well.

I sold my K1000s for the O2MK1s and don't regret it, but if I had to choose only one dynamic.....hmmmmm

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine sound pretty good straight out of the box - wonder how they'll mature?

It'll keep on getting better
normal_smile .gif
My HF2 sounded good except I wasn't too happy with the bass being all over the place (bass_nut: I found it to be a little sabog). But the bass tightened and got better after I put on a few hours on it!

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #28 of 54
Would have to be the K1000.
The SR-007BL is great as well. But not quite as versatile as it require an electrostatic amplifier, while the K1000 can be driven by any speaker amplifier.

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by somethingmishy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'll keep on getting better
normal_smile .gif
My HF2 sounded good except I wasn't too happy with the bass being all over the place (bass_nut: I found it to be a little sabog). But the bass tightened and got better after I put on a few hours on it!

sister Mish, maybe we have different audio gears

mine goes this way
laptop iTunes lossless files ripped from CDs >> SuperPro usb 707DAC >> Little Dot mk ll (modified and with Mullard ef92bva + 6n6P) >> HF-2 F1

bass ample and controlled well... mids unfolded with revealing details.. highs rolled off quite pleasingly

the difference with sr325iS (and other Grados/Alessandros i have or have listen to): HF-2 F1 has better control of mids.. instruments have tad bit more space in-between .. it is like listening to my favorite electrostat system with a bonus of controlled LF octave
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back