If you could choose a singing voice, who would you sound like?
Oct 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #49 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tarja Turunen.

Why the hell not?

But I'd be perfectly happy with Marco Hietala, Jonne Jarvela or Heri Joensen.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #53 of 89
Andy Williams has been my "hidden sin" crooner since "Born Free". Same with Burton Cummings.

After considerable thought given the question, I would take Roy Orbison.

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #57 of 89
Sometimes I think it'd be cool to be able to sing like Daniel Heiman (ex. Lost Horizon) or André Matos (ex. Angra), but I've realized I'm awful at remembering lyrics. Who needs lyrics with those voices though. :p

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #58 of 89
I'd want it to be a voice of distinction or maybe something a little quirly, and not necessarily the best voice I've ever heard. Something that I could pull off, character-wise. Maybe Lou Reed, or possibly George Thorogood or Bob Seger. Something that would make me a star for a while, at least long enough to give me a moment in the sun, make some money, and then do whatever else I wanted to do for the rest of my life with no real worries.

I can't picture myself singing like Sinatra, as much as I'd love to be able to, nor McCartney, which I'd probably love even more. I'm not that graceful. At the same time, I'm not strange enough to be able to pull off a Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Elvis Costello or Jim Morrison kind of voice.

I guess Roy Orbison. He just pretty much sang, and with amazing grace and beauty for someone who didn't look like he should have been be able to sing. He didn't get into the whole star thing too much, to his credit.

I know. Ric Ocksek! Ya, that's it. Final answer. No, wait. Jackson Browne. That would be a great voice to have, even when I'm old a grey.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #60 of 89
Lou Reed, Phil Lynott, Freddie Mercury

Users who are viewing this thread

Back