If you bought an iPhone today, how's the sound quality?
Jun 30, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #16 of 53
Will Redwine audio offer an iMod for the iPhone?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #19 of 53
I have some....

They sound slightly better than a 5.5gen. nothing to write home about, other than teh fact that you can do everything else with it...

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some....

They sound slightly better than a 5.5gen. nothing to write home about, other than the fact that you can do everything else with it...

That's promising.

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #21 of 53
Well, it really isn't anything spectacular. My UM2's have no hiss, and it sounds great amped at 50% volume on th iPhone using a MisterX XP amp. The iPhone's sound is really bright(as all iPods are) so the XP balances it a bit.

The bass might be a little heavy for some of you, and with UM2's, it is definitly bloated(well, by most peoples definition anyways), but bassheads will like it.

But I dig mine...no regrets, but in my eyes, it's the 6th gen iPod...

The worst thing though, talking on it is a bit wierd, because it's so flat, but I guess if you have a PDA phone, it'll be nothing new to you...

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #22 of 53
It sounds at least as good as my nano when i use my er4p's with it. No hiss at all either.

I personally am very pleased with the sound as I have been with my nano. It's very good for a portable.

The headphone jack is a bit recessed and i had to use an extension because the ety plug is too big

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #24 of 53
Ok I got my hands on one. My Atrio M5's were TOO big for the recessed plug. Ugh. However, I did have an old cable extension that worked perfectly. I did think it actually sounded better than a 5.5g. I would say not as good as a Shuffle but better just by a bit. It's much thinner and smaller than I imagined but weighed about the same as I would have thought. I might buy one if the price ever goes down to 250, but heck, by then Iphone 2 will be out.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #25 of 53
Do any of you have a link to the extension your using? My headphones won't fit, but they do use an extension anyway.

I'm still weary about purchasing it, but I always travel with my cell phone and my iPod. having a "perfect" two-in-one device would suit my needs.

Jul 1, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #26 of 53
the "reason" behind recessing the jack seems structural. the phone IS awfully thin - and I've read of plenty of people bending or stressing jacks on mp3 players and laptops alike, toss on the fact that ppl will use them in a pocket with the OEM headphones + mic (since it has what is like a push-to-talk system) and you don't want to stress or break that jack. I do wish it wasn't that way, but I can't blame them for it... as frustrated as I was when I tried to plug in my UE5s the $9 adaptor works great FWIW. Got it at the Apple Store, it's a Belkin piece, grey, small, flexible, and almost more importantly IT FITS IN MY UE MINI CASE hehe.

I'm impressed at how the sound from it is, it's certainly no slouch. Listening to BT's "This Binary Universe" on it now and it isn't lacking any of the detail or depth I'm familiar with from hearing it on my Dyns.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read on another thread the uPhone has a 3.5mm jack, but it's really cramped, so most plugs won't fit in.

exactly correct....i'm typing this on one right now...slow-going, as i'm getting used to this

-m

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #28 of 53
I was going to test it at the Apple store, but my Shure e3c couldn't fit in the headphone jack.

I almost bought it. Then I slapped myself because I only use my current phone for calling, would I really use all those features on the iPhone?

Ill wait for the 2nd gen or a cheaper price.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #29 of 53
Also curious: How's the gapless? Any custom EQ? Any improvements in playlisting?

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #30 of 53
So far I love it. The SQ isn't great, and I haven't tried my LOD yet, but the iPhone itself is awesome. I just saw that V-moda makes some vibes specifically for the iPhone (they have the call answer button and mic built in) so I might try those. My KSC-75's do not fit because the jack is recessed. I need to find an extension adapter, any clue where I could get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back