If you bought an iPhone today, how's the sound quality?
Jul 2, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if this has been confirmed specifically, but here's what iFixIt saw:

So, what does that mean in theory?

It means it will have roughly the same sound quality as the 5G ipod.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #47 of 53
To my ears it sounds slightly better than my 1st gen Nano.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #49 of 53
I was going to go that route, but it makes an otherwise good looking device look like crap IMO. I tried the shave a little off the plug method for my UE 5 Pro's. Worked great and I figured if I screwed it up I can always spend $20 for a replacement cable.

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #50 of 53
Thread resurrection - apologies!

I've had a 60GB 5G iPod that I've been happy with SQ-wise (especially when using the radio remote), but am looking to replace it with an iPhone at the start of November because I'm giving the aforementioned to my girlfriend so that she can record her singing lessons.

This brings me to the point of my post - she's given me her 1G Nano in the meantime and it sounds like crap! I've tried my ER-4Ps, my SR-60s and various other 'phones but they all sound terrible.

I'm hoping that this isn't the case with the iPhone and the notes above saying that the iPhone and the 5G share a pile of components make me feel a bit better, but are any other fussy Head-fiers not happy with their iPhones for SQ?

Yours with crossed fingers,
Ben
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #52 of 53
I was reading up a bit on the Wolfson chip used in the iPhone and noticed that it has an integrated 5 band equalizer. Someone with some electronics knowledge can correct me if I am wrong but I think this means that when the SDK rolls around, someone should be able to create an application to tap into the on-chip EQ to allow for truly custom equalization.

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #53 of 53
that really depends on what apple allows developers to access via the SDK. my guess is that it will be pretty locked down and you won't be able to touch the built in audio and video players, but i could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back