If you bought an iPhone today, how's the sound quality?
Jun 29, 2007 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

neoufo51

500+ Head-Fier
I was thinking of buying one but decided not to. I know all about it from reviews and watching the news on it this past week but we have yet to know how the sound compares to the Shuffle, etc.

So, whoever is out there in line right now for an iPhone, lets hear about the sound quality when you get a change to actually listen to it after all those ooohs and ahhhs from the interface.

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 53
It sucks!
biggrin.gif
I'm 2 blocks from the AT&T store and, right now, there are only 10 people in line!!!! Very tempting indeed!

Jun 29, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #6 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd never buy the damn thing but I'm wondering if the sound quality is up to par with the rest of our favorite DAP's. It would be a shame to have "meh" sound quality when you spent $500 on a 4gb device.

LOL! It's built for the masses!!!
wink.gif
Knowing how Stevie operates, I doubt the SQ will be anything more spectacular than the 5.5g pods... or I could be wrong!
plainface.gif
... It's a mass reeming WAITING to happen! Hope people brought their KY or vaseline! And don't expect any flowers in the MORNING!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 53
I read on another thread the uPhone has a 3.5mm jack, but it's really cramped, so most plugs won't fit in.

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmyers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read somewhere that you have to use an adapter to listen with regular headphones. But I guess that's true of a lot of cellphones.

No, its a 3.5 mm jack. There's no way an official iPod could be without one. People would be furious a LONG time ago.

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um...didnt the OP ask about Sound Quality? so far no one even mentions it. lol

Probably because nobody that has posted actually has actually heard one.
tongue.gif
It looks like the main focus of all the iPhone ads I've seen recently are focused on it's internet capabilities, so SQ was probably knocked down a few notches as a result.

I wonder how many people purchased it with the intention of using it as a DAP in the first place, or even as a phone for that matter?

Jun 30, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It appears to have a Wolfson wm8758, the same as the 5G.

http://phonedifferent.com/2007/06/ip..._revealed.html

If that's the case, than it can't sound all that bad. Guess it now depends on how decent of an amp they decided to put in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back