If it weren't for Head-Fi...
Nov 11, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #31 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi... I would not know the meaning of the word 'Balanced' with respect to audio.

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #32 of 57
... id be eating $40 dollar steaks instead of bread.

but no, i really do love bread.
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #33 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi... id probably be a far happier person, not having to spend all my waking minutes knowing the inadequacies of my low end equipment, and at the same time knowing ill never be able to afford the stuff i know my ears deserve!! great.. now im depressed again, thnx... just what i needed at 2:38am in the morning,, (UK here)
rolleyes.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #34 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi...I would be wearing my Triports (
blink.gif
) and having an extra $1200 in my bank account for better food and clothes.

Nov 11, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #35 of 57
If it weren't for head-fi I'd be content with wasting money on replacing all of the inferior products I've bought over the years with more inferior products. I would think I'm getting a deal, but they were cheap for a reason and would break on me. Now I can "waste" my money buying a high-quality piece of equipment once and have it last a lifetime. Now I also like to consider where a product is made, what the warranty is like, and the reputation of a company's customer service. This now holds true for most of all my purchases, not just hi-fi gear.

Nov 11, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #36 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi, I wouldn't be listening to a really old recording remastered in SACD now(wow....quality is great for an older/cheaper recording!). Lets me save money for a DAC or new cans......money I'd foolishly be spending on computer games or 3D magazines. Silly me!

Nov 11, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825
If it weren't for Head-Fi...I would be wearing my Triports (
blink.gif
) and having an extra $1200 in my bank account . . . .

Wow that's exactly what I was going to say!

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #41 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi I'd be listening to 5.1 right now
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #42 of 57
If it wasn't for Head-Fi, I"d have purchased and stuck with the Sony MDR-V6's back in August 2002 and never moved beyond them. That would have still been the most expensive headphone I ever purchased and I'd think even $20 was a little much for headphones.

I still purchased them after coming here, but that was merely beginning. I owned quite a few sets of home cans and even a few different amps, finally settling on the AKG K271 and Singlepower PPX3 pairing, and have a few different portable cans. And I still need to buy another source or two since at the moment all I have it a cheap turntable and my Creative Zen Vision:M to use at home.

I don't know if my music appreciation has changed a whole lot with Head-Fi. I still listen to much the same music I did when I first joined this place more than 4 years ago.

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #43 of 57
... I'd have stuck with my street-style Sennheisers and low(ish) bit rate MP3 files. I would never have brought my external hard drive to store all my CDs in lossless and would have saved a lot of money that went on headphones and an amp.

Of course I didn't even realise that headphones could cost that much money (or why anyone would want them?) - headphones were just for when you can't listen to speakers.

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnm222876
Although I don't post a lot (because I'm still in my lurking and learning stage here) I can definately say "If it weren't for Head-Fi..." I would have made many different choices. (Like listening with Bose instead of W5000's
eek.gif
blink.gif
) So, how about your biggest "If it weren't for Head-Fi..."?

So, how's the W5000?
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #45 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi, I wouldn't have developed a love for electronics projects and an understanding of how electronic components work. I also wouldn't have downed about 500 dollars in less than a month on my latest project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back