If it weren't for Head-Fi...
Nov 10, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap
If it weren't for Head-Fi I'd probably be wasting my money on something stupid like trading cards, RC cars, comic books or models. Instead.. I waste my money on headphones!
orphsmile.gif
580smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

"I Waste my money on Headphones! " ?!!?!?!?!?!?

What a BLASPHEMY !!!!!!!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
If it weren't for head-fi nothing much woulda changed bar maybe some different cans and less entertainment. I had hi-fi, headphones and walkman/diskman/DAPs etc. long before finding this place. It's something I've been wasting money on for a very long time, though this place is bad for the incorrigible.
tongue.gif

x2

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #19 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi, I would be married that Jessica Simpson girl by now. Long story, but I was busy answering an important PM when she proposed to me, and I guess that kind of hurt her feelings. She tried again a couple more times, but I think deep down she knew that she could never compete for my attention with Head-Fi. It's probably all for the best... poor girl.

Nov 11, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #21 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi I would listen to less music. For sure. As for the money, I've spent quite a bit but the equipment I've purchased has allowed me to be more efficient editing medical transcription files (where detail retrieval at high-speed listening is key). So, um, I'll consider all this headphone-related purchasing an investment. Yeah, an investment. If it weren't for Head-Fi I wouldn't have broken even.

Nov 11, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #22 of 57
If it wasn't for Head-Fi my taste in music wouldn't expand beyond that of rock. Since joining I've learned to appreciate just how good other generes of music can sound out of quality gear.

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #25 of 57
if it weren't for head-fi i might have picked up 1911's hobby instead of him picking up mine. can you imagine me packing heat in NYC? me neither!

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #26 of 57
If it weren't for head-fi, I would never have discovered Meier Audio, Headphile, or RedWineAudio, all of whose products I now use daily in my music listening!

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #29 of 57
If it weren't for head-fi I would have never known the man and the myth........Patrick82.

Seriously though, I probably would have never taken the time to listen to a Grado headphone because I ignorantly judged them on appearance for almost a year. Starting with the HF-1 and then proceeding directly to the HP2, and most recently a PS-1, I instantly became a Grado fanboy. I owe this all to Mikey (GoRedwings19) and Jason (jjcha) for their insight and unwavering generosity. Thanks guys.

Oh and I also would have probably never seen the wonderful videos of NeilPeart and the K1000's.
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back