If it weren't for Head-Fi...
Nov 10, 2006 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

mnm222876

Head-Fier
In a recent post by pheonix991 he started with the words "If it weren't for Head-Fi..."

I found this funny. Mainly because I'm sure we could all start a good story like that. Where would you be today without Head-Fi? Would you be a different person? (Would you have more money in your savings?) It's interesting to think about the fact that one small choice you make now could make your life totally different down the road.

Although I don't post a lot (because I'm still in my lurking and learning stage here) I can definately say "If it weren't for Head-Fi..." I would have made many different choices. (Like listening with Bose instead of W5000's
eek.gif
blink.gif
) So, how about your biggest "If it weren't for Head-Fi..."?

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi, I'd still be listening to those $15 neckband headphones I bought at Circuit City, instead of ER4s, SR-60s, and HD650s.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 57
if it were not for head-fi i would have a great digital SLR, some PX100s, some savings, and a killer desktop computer.

instead i got a couple of dacs, transports, cables, amp and headphones.

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 57
If it weren't for head-fi, I wouldve never come to know of the following brands and the respective brilliant headphones by each of them

AKG (yes its true, I've never heard of em b4, I thought Sennheiser and Koss were the kings of the headphone industry)
The AKG K81 DJ (never been happier with a 50$ purchase in my life
eggosmile.gif
)

Audio Technica : No clue there existed one such manufacturer. Now I am waiting for the A700's to arrive, hopefully they shud be here sometime early next week.
eggosmile.gif

Alessandro : I had heard of Grado, but didnt know abt Alessandro and their kickass MS-1 headphones.

A concept known as Headphone amp. Yes my friends I never knew there existed a dedicated headphone amp, I thought general amps wud serve the purpose.

And now I am the proud owner of the LDM+. Another
eggosmile.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing
Oh and I forgot the most important of 'em all

If it werent for Head-Fi I wouldve been really bored at work
biggrin.gif

X2 more bored or more productive. I'm not sure which.

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 57
if it weren't for head-fi...

i'd be using my hd595's unamped with a smile on my face.
i'd be using my sony ericsson as my mp3 player.
i'd be saving more money than i'm spending.

but instead,

i'm using my hd595's amped with a huge grin on my face.
i'm using a cmoy with ksc75's with my mp3 player.
i'm trying to put money in the bank instead of in other people's pockets.
i'm looking to get a pair of closed cans (w1000's? dt770's?)

but the huge grin on my face is worth it.

Nov 10, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 57
If it weren't for head-fi nothing much woulda changed bar maybe some different cans and less entertainment. I had hi-fi, headphones and walkman/diskman/DAPs etc. long before finding this place. It's something I've been wasting money on for a very long time, though this place is bad for the incorrigible.
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 57
I can honestly say I wouldn't be unhappy, or happier. I've always been happy with my hobbies. There's always plenty of interresting things to do.

If it hadn't been for head-fi, I simply would have spent more time doing other things.

What I CAN say about this place though is that I'm learning alot of things I wasn't aware of before. It rekindered my interrest for electronics and sparked my love for accurately played music.

Nov 10, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #12 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi I'd be watching cartoons with the kids and fighting for maybe four hours of listening to tunes throughout the week.

Of course we'd be listening to those cartoons through some really great speakers!
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #13 of 57
If it weren't for Head-Fi I'd probably be wasting my money on something stupid like trading cards, RC cars, comic books or models. Instead.. I waste my money on headphones!
orphsmile.gif
580smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #15 of 57
if it weren't for headfi, it would have been easier to enjoy music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back