If I get Schiit Asgard 2 and Uber Bifrost for my HD600/Beyer DT 880 250 ohm would I ever need to upgrade dac/amp?
Jul 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Posts
310
Likes
12
Right now I have the fiio E17+E9 and thinking about upgrading to Schiit Asgard 2 and Uber Bifrost for my HD600 and Beyer DT 880 250 ohm headphones.  Is the jump from E17+E9 to Schiit Asgard 2 and Uber Bifrost huge and very noticeable in sound quality?  Would I need to upgrade again?  Is it worth getting uber over original? Also should I get the USB for Bifrost?  Thanks
 
Jul 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #2 of 10

techboy

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 31, 2013
Posts
745
Likes
79
That is your wish. If you don't want a change then no. However hd 650 is scale able enough to warrant using even a beta22 with it, provided you have the dough.
 
Jul 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 10

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Posts
310
Likes
12
Quote:
That is your wish. If you don't want a change then no. However hd 650 is scale able enough to warrant using even a beta22 with it, provided you have the dough.


Thanks.  Any else have opinions?
 
Jul 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 10

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Posts
310
Likes
12
Whoops, I just realized schiit's site sell these pyst rca cables.  These would do the job of connecting the asgard 2 and uber bifrost right?  These cost $20 should I get it from there?  Here it is just in case
 
 
https://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=12
 
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 10

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Posts
310
Likes
12
Quote:
What is it you feel you are missing?  I don't have those particular Fiio products and don't own any Schiit products but do own a few amps and those 2 headphones do scale very well with proper amplification.

 
 
I just need the best amp/dac for my HD600s and Beyer 880 250 ohms that I could get and don't need to upgrade ever.  I chose the Uber Bifrost and Asgard 2.
 
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 10

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Posts
310
Likes
12
I ordered the Uber Bifrost and Asgard 2 but forgot to add the RCA cables to the order on Schiit's site.  The total shipping for the first order is $15.72.  Looks like I can't edit the order now and if I add the RCA cable now it would cost me $6.44 for shipping...If I would've added the RCA cables in the first place would I get charged the same $15.72 for shipping or what?  Thanks
 
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #8 of 10

shogen

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Posts
27
Likes
10
http://schiit.com/contact/
 
Did you get it with the USB upgrade? Are you using it with a PC or will you? Were you using your Fiio setup with a PC?
Quote:
I ordered the Uber Bifrost and Asgard 2 but forgot to add the RCA cables to the order on Schiit's site.  The total shipping for the first order is $15.72.  Looks like I can't edit the order now and if I add the RCA cable now it would cost me $6.44 for shipping...If I would've added the RCA cables in the first place would I get charged the same $15.72 for shipping or what?  Thanks

 
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 10

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Posts
310
Likes
12
Quote:
http://schiit.com/contact/
 
Did you get it with the USB upgrade? Are you using it with a PC or will you? Were you using your Fiio setup with a PC?


I got the usb for the Uber Bifrost.  I already have a usb cable but I wanted the RCA cables to connect the bifrost and asgard.  I will be using it for pc.  I already emailed Schiit about it but I thought I'd ask here too
 
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 10

Tigerhawk

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Posts
55
Likes
13
I like the PYST cables. They are just the right length and do great for stacking Bifrost and Asgard. I imagine you should be doing quite well with an Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber for your headphones, so in a sense it's a good setup to "never need to upgrade", but of course there's always "better" stuff. Just depends on how much money you want to blow, ha. I have the Asgard 1 and just did the Uber upgrade for my Bifrost, with HD600s. I've been quite happy with this setup. The Asgard 2 might even sound slightly better, but I couldn't really say.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top