IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #2,641 of 2,837
I want in on the off-site group buy or on-site, either way, I am in.

Also AVOID the Sears Rego Park, NYC, NY, Miracle Ear Hearing Center, the doctor has no clue what he's doing and wanted to charge me $90 per ear for impressions! I told him I didn't want a mold, just impressions, he says okay $75 per ear then. Then he was trying to convince me to get Westone IEMs. Nothing wrong with Westones, but with his prices for impressions being so high, I just walked out of there.

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #2,642 of 2,837
Right, I did a search for details on a Group Buy in the Group Buy forum and there were no posts.  Does anybody have details? If posting it is not allowed, please PM.  Thanks.

Quote:
I don't see why they don't just let us go through with the group buy, it seems everyone but ONE is on board with the idea. I plan on going through with it either way, and I found a doctor near me who provides free impressions if you get a full ear check up. But I was wondering what type on impression(open/closed) I need for Fisher and is it the same for all? 

Quote:
I believe someone called them already, and we got a deal, but we can't post anything on the remolds in the group buy sections because I think Jude is still in the process of reviewing the post.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2,643 of 2,837
The post was deleted, the deal was if we couple get 25 people to join in, it would be like 110 or 120 out the door I believe with cable and simple artwork.

Quote:
Right, I did a search for details on a Group Buy in the Group Buy forum and there were no posts.  Does anybody have details? If posting it is not allowed, please PM.  Thanks.

Quote:

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #2,645 of 2,837
The group buy thread wasn't approved by Jude. In other words, it can't be organized at head-fi, if it's going to be organized. I have no idea if Foie (the guy who was contacting Fisher and Kozee) is still planning to do it or not.

If he is, I haven't received my impression material yet (place I ordered from is being incredibly slow in shipping them) so I'd be in, assuming that it happens shortly. 

I think it's probably best if everyone assumes that it won't happen though. I don't think Fisher ever made a discount offer, though Kozee did. There is no reason why they would honor it though, since it was based on the premise that a ton of us were going to get reshells at the same time.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #2,646 of 2,837

Quote:
The group buy thread wasn't approved by Jude. In other words, it can't be organized at head-fi, if it's going to be organized. I have no idea if Foie (the guy who was contacting Fisher and Kozee) is still planning to do it or not.

If he is, I haven't received my impression material yet (place I ordered from is being incredibly slow in shipping them) so I'd be in, assuming that it happens shortly. 

I think it's probably best if everyone assumes that it won't happen though. I don't think Fisher ever made a discount offer, though Kozee did. There is no reason why they would honor it though, since it was based on the premise that a ton of us were going to get reshells at the same time.

That alone is an advantage for us though as its business for them. We all just need to contact them and talk to them directly about the group buy and I'm sure things will fall into place. Its kinda like buying in bulk. When you do so you get more for less.

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #2,647 of 2,837

Quote:
I paid $40, the other places wanted over $100, one place wanted like $200 lol

This place near me said $150... I sent them back a message saying "How about just the impressions?"

Quote:
When I used the term mold some were asking up to $100+. I got my ear impressions however for $20 from a professional. Id go up to maybe $40 max.

Not sure what the mold is, perhaps earplugs? All I know is they seemed to think I wanted something different when I did use that word. Use the word impression and tell them you just want to goo squeezed into your ear lol. Its really easy and probably doesnt even require a "professional". Just care and an ability to follow the directions on the sheet. Did you get the directions for the audiologist from Kaysen?

yeah, I was using earmold as the word. I'll try 'impression'

Quote:
I believe someone called them already, and we got a deal, but we can't post anything on the remolds in the group buy sections because I think Jude is still in the process of reviewing the post.

I've emailed them and they told me to 'add that info to the order form'

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #2,648 of 2,837
Yes, I said impressions, and each place asked me what I was going to do with the impressions and I told them.  I don't understand the discrepency in price, but I live in a small town, and there were only 5 options..

Quote:
This place near me said $150... I sent them back a message saying "How about just the impressions?"

yeah, I was using earmold as the word. I'll try 'impression'

I've emailed them and they told me to 'add that info to the order form'

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #2,649 of 2,837

Quote:
Yes, I said impressions, and each place asked me what I was going to do with the impressions and I told them.  I don't understand the discrepency in price, but I live in a small town, and there were only 5 options..

I did my own impressions. Its really not as hard as its being made out to be. Looking forward to getting my TF10s remolded. :)

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #2,650 of 2,837
I did my own impressions as well. I'm really hopeful that they've turned out okay, but it looks like I won't find out before Christmas. It sounds like they're slammed right now, and I doubt they've even touched the package I sent them with my TF10's. 

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #2,651 of 2,837

Quote:
I did my own impressions as well. I'm really hopeful that they've turned out okay, but it looks like I won't find out before Christmas. It sounds like they're slammed right now, and I doubt they've even touched the package I sent them with my TF10's. 

I'm really in no rush (besides getting the impressions in before they shrink lol). Kinda just an experiment in the custom IEM market. This will help to determine my next step...

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #2,652 of 2,837

Quote:
I'm really in no rush (besides getting the impressions in before they shrink lol). Kinda just an experiment in the custom IEM market. This will help to determine my next step...

I wasn't in any rush either, but then I was told that them being done by Christmas was a possibility. My brain told me that there was no way in hell, but my heart told me that there was still hope lol. They only got my package on Thursday of last week, so I wasn't expecting them to be done anyway, but it would have been awesome. 

Right now, I really just want to know that my impressions are okay. I hate to bug Kaysen any more than I already have though.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #2,655 of 2,837

Quote:
Group buy is good to go just email Kaysen :) $85.00 free single color artwork

Thanks again (I had already sent mine in, with it noted on the order form, but it's nice that it's an "official" deal now :p). I wouldn't have got artwork if it weren't for the deal, so it's really appreciated.

Now I just have to hope that translucent red shells with a white faceplate/red art is a good combo (and that my impressions were fine).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back