IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 18, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #2,597 of 2,837
i've read most of this thread but couldn't find this answer.

can someone recommend a replacement cable that DOES NOT have memory wire around the ears? i love my westone um2 braided cable, so something similar would be fantastic.

thanks.

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #2,598 of 2,837
I just sent mine in and requested smoke color.  I was considering the clear but I'm wondering what people's experiences are with ear wax...will it stain clear too easily?

Also, I have a 10vi and right now want the option to use my mic.  After they come back re-molded, will I be able to swap out other cables later easily?

Thanks!

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #2,599 of 2,837

Quote:
I just sent mine in and requested smoke color.  I was considering the clear but I'm wondering what people's experiences are with ear wax...will it stain clear too easily?

Also, I have a 10vi and right now want the option to use my mic.  After they come back re-molded, will I be able to swap out other cables later easily?

Thanks!

No, not if you requested they use the stock triple fi socket. If they use their normal socket the stock cable's pins will be slightly too small. You can flatten the tips with pliers as discussed earlier in this thread but some say it will effect SQ. So if you want to use the stock cable and also all the after market cables you will need to modify your stock cable. Best bet is to call Fisher and talk with Kaysen about your options. She is always more than happy to talk to people right on the phone.

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #2,601 of 2,837

Quote:
Thanks for the response.  If I use the stock TF sockets, will other aftermarket cables fit?  Or is it just the Fisher cables that won't fit?

If you use the triple fi sockets the only cable that Im aware of that will fit is the triple fi cable. The Fisher cable is universal with all of the other cables you see around. The Triples are unique. The good thing is that by pinching the tips of the stock cable with pliers it will make them large enough to stay in without falling out. Like I said though SQ could be in jeopardy but I couldn't tell the difference myself. I pinched mine. You are better off in my opinion to let Fisher use their sockets and I really like their cable. It is basically the same as the Westone cable. They may not be the same but they sure look like they are. The Fisher cable has been updated since the beginning of this thread but it was some time ago so you are assured to get their newer cable. Remember though, if you choose the clear cable it could turn green on you. Pretty much the same with all the others though so...

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #2,602 of 2,837
Is a cable included in the price of the reshell, or is it an additional $30? The more I read, the less I want to stick with the stock TF10 cable.

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #2,603 of 2,837

Quote:
Is a cable included in the price of the reshell, or is it an additional $30? The more I read, the less I want to stick with the stock TF10 cable.

I bought two sets but its been a while. You need to talk to Kaysen about the prices but yeah, the cable is extra. Its been worth it in my eyes. Ive had a set of Triples and SE 530 for over a year, maybe almost two even.

Nothing wrong with sticking with the stock cable though. Look around a bit, Ive been out of the game for a bit and make sure that there are not other aftermarket cables around for the triples. Perhaps things have changed since I bought mine.

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #2,604 of 2,837
Cable is extra, but if you get the Fisher cable you can also use other cables (ie UE custom, Westone, Fisher,etc) if you want and not just be stuck with the stock UE cable.

Nov 24, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #2,606 of 2,837
The last time I e-mailed, I got a response the next day. This was a few days ago, so they definitely aren't closed lol.

It is Thanksgiving, so I'm not sure anyone is available to answer e-mails or the phone.

Nov 24, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #2,609 of 2,837
Just call them, they pick up the phone every time.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #2,610 of 2,837

Quote:
The left ear could fit a little looser a very slight uncomfortable fit at times. My ear might have to adjust to having something foreign in it. But the seal is good and they sound great ! Artwork is cool the left ear has some little specks of white debris on the red as you can see but I guess what can you ask for at such a cheap price ! Over all they did a good job !

---
These are so nice.
Couple of questions:  If I were to request this color for my shells, what would I ask for? What cables are those? Fisher black?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back