IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Apr 27, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #2,506 of 2,837
Just talked to Kaysen and here's the scoop - the filters were apparantly completely clogged and needed replacing and moving back further along the ear canal. I am a guy that sweats alot when performing so I can totally understand. Let this be a serious lesson to us all though about the need to store our investments carefully - especially since I only used these a few times before this ocurred. Kaysen says that they recommend placing them in a sealed container of rice (obviously without the any water or other ingredients) immediately after you take them out. This way they are still warm and this will help the rice to extract the moisture from the filters. I've read others also discuss keeping a large Silica Gel package (often these arrive in the packaging with new electronics items and we discard them) in their storage case.  

This made me think about my trusty old OSP EU6's that I had used and loved for about a year before one ear finally gave out. I wondered whether this was the same issue. I had asumed that one of the drivers had gone bad in the left ear, but after this insight from Kaysen I asked if she thought they might be able to take a look, and if it's the same issue I could get them re-shelled for the $130 and have a really nice back-up IEM. She concurred and said they might even be able to repair them without the need for the custom (how's that for service over profit), but I suspect they will need re-shelling - it has a molded cable (which has turned quite green and starting to harden) and molded plastic shells.

I know there's not alot of info on here about the EU6's, but if my memory serves me well - I really loved them; the sound and the isolation were truly fantastic for a universal - and one of the most comfortable uni's I've worn. They're typically quite expensive for a Dual Driver BA (being as they're Chinese), but I was able to negotiate a really good deal on them back then ($150) and couldn't afford the Westone's.

So anyways, my hats off to Fisher for getting my beloved re-shelled TF10's repaired and back to me within a week (from VA to FL and back again) - oustanding service and support!

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2,508 of 2,837
Rest assured Galgor - the re-shelling takes alot longer. Mine took longer than average (about 6 weeks), but for fitment issues or repairs they seem to turn those around really quickly. I guess they may prioritize them. I think typical turn-around time is somewhere around 4 weeks. I can totally relate though - I was watching my inbox everyday in excitement. The good news is that they'll totally be worth the wait.

Enjoy!

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2,509 of 2,837
Just got my TF10s back and they sound AMAZING!!! I'd recommend this to anyone with the Triple.fi 10 or M-Audio IE-40. They came out perfect and I couldn't be happier. Well worth any wait.

May 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #2,510 of 2,837

May 1, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #2,511 of 2,837
Wow - these look great! The graphis are very impressive - looks like Fisher are improving on that front. I had been considering adding custom graphics to my Eu6's when I get them re-shelled and had pretty much scrapped the idea, but seeing yours I'm starting to think about it again - very nice!

May 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #2,512 of 2,837
Just received my reshelled JH13 Pros and have had 30 minutes in their company thus far. They're sublime.

Lovely quality on the shell, and for the most part the fit's OK, but it 'feels' more right in the right ear than it does the left. I might even go through the process again.

Kaysen was a pleasure to deal with over the phone and by email. Hats off to the guys - a really great service and product, quite honestly. Will post some pics when I get the chance guys.

May 3, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #2,513 of 2,837
What cables are you guys all using to get them reshelled?

I am considering a TF 10 reshell and I have heard that the Fisher generic cable was comparable to the Westone Epic, one that is quite good. However, the different colors of the Fisher cable seem to affect its ability to flex and retain shape? Also, is the new UE (2010 and later) cable good for this purpose?

I was considering using a Westone cable as a internet search revealed more upgrade possibilities in the future than UE cables. Sonically, would the Westone/UE/Fisher cables all preform the same though as the same OEM manufactures them?

Also, if* I were to use a UE/Westone cable, would Fisher be able to buy it and bill it to me instead of me sending it to them with the earbuds since UE has an overpriced $30 shipping rate to Canada for a $40 cable...

May 5, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #2,514 of 2,837
Well today is a sad day...  I was switching cables and the unthinkable happened (as you can see below).  I'm guessing (hoping) no damage was done to the drivers, and hopefully I'll be able to get these reshelled by Fisher.  Can anyone see any reason I'd have problems getting these reshelled?  Thanks for the input :)

May 5, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #2,515 of 2,837

Quote:
Well today is a sad day...  I was switching cables and the unthinkable happened (as you can see below).  I'm guessing (hoping) no damage was done to the drivers, and hopefully I'll be able to get these reshelled by Fisher.  Can anyone see any reason I'd have problems getting these reshelled?  Thanks for the input :)

it shouldnt be an issue as the cable snapped from the solder point on the ribbon. re-application should be all it takes to make them right.

if you still carry the one year warranty, you can always call up logitech for a replacement. this is a very common issue with the stock cable so they wont hesitate to push you through(just dont do a self-p0wn by openly admitting to using an aftermarket cable
wink.gif
)

May 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #2,516 of 2,837
Thanks aleki. Unfortunately I'm past the 1 year, but this will be a good excuse to finally get these things remolded. How does a guy go about starting the process with Fisher (website, colors, order form)? Thanks again!

May 6, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #2,518 of 2,837
I screwed mine up today because I just dont know when to stop playing with things. With the amount of things I have broken for no reason you would think I would learn.

I was trying to remove the red/green filters on the tf10 custom and seperated the tube from the "metal driver".  I also pushed the green filter out of the back of the tube.

May 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #2,519 of 2,837
Well I emailed Kaysen this morning and got an email back less than 10 minutes later (which was awesome).  I was happy to hear they wouldn't have any issues remolding my damaged TripleFi 10s.  Now I just need to find a cheap place to get some impressions and pick some colors :)

May 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #2,520 of 2,837
if i didnt post...kaysen and inearz remolded my jh13's in about 1 week.... they are perfect no bubbles, smooth and a perfect fit.  Wouldnt go anywhere else to get stuff remolded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back