IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 15, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #2,311 of 2,837

Quote:
This seems like an awesome plan for making the TF10s into something more awesome.  I'm wondering about the cable -- is it still removable?  Or can they do whatever you want with it?  It seems like here they used a UE 11 cable which shouldn't fit standard.  In that case, I'd be wondering what cable I should use -- maybe the UM3X cable?

Also, how much does it usually cost to get ear molds done?  Seems like that could be expensive.

inearz does have their own cables. I have ordered them for myself but have not received them yet. There are numerous people on here that do have them and I have not come across anyone that absolutely hates them. I do believe they also have black as well and not just the three colours below.

'Impressions' can run you anywhere from $25 to $150 depending on where you go and who you deal with. There are many many threads on where to go and how much it cost throughout this topic. Maybe post where you are located and someone else may know of a place you could go to.

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #2,312 of 2,837
Those cables actually look quite solid.  It's too bad though, as I just ordered the ES8 cables on the buy one / get one free sale and it would be a shame for them to go to waste. 

I could get the mold done in DC or in the NC piedmont triad area.  I'll look around

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #2,314 of 2,837
Sup peeps.  I've been following this thread closely for some time.  I am finally getting my TF 10 next week and in the process of looking for an audiologist in the Greenville, SC area (29611).  Called a few, but because of the holiday's, everyone is closed. 

One question.  How come in the first few pages of this thread, I don't see posts from "InEarZ" but see people quoting thing?  Nothing major, just seemed odd.  

I know Lil' Fish =  InEarz. =0) 

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #2,315 of 2,837

Quote:
Sup peeps.  I've been following this thread closely for some time.  I am finally getting my TF 10 next week and in the process of looking for an audiologist in the Greenville, SC area (29611).  Called a few, but because of the holiday's, everyone is closed. 

One question.  How come in the first few pages of this thread, I don't see posts from "InEarZ" but see people quoting thing?  Nothing major, just seemed odd.  

I know Lil' Fish =  InEarz. =0) 

good luck finding an audiologist. Its important to get one with the correct materials on hand. I dont have the full story on why her posts were removed but I suspect that they were pulled because she was on here and not identified as a member of the trade. I think she just had to get straight with headfi.

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #2,316 of 2,837
Thanks for heads up pseudo.  I'm originally from Jersey City, NJ, and unfortunately moved out here for my work.  Going back to JC this week for Christmas, would have been awesome to see one of the recommended Audiologist in the NY\NJ area.  However, I will only be there for two days.  Hopefully I'll find someone in this area.  I would like to get these out asap before the influx of $99 TF's slows down Fisher, hehe. 

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #2,317 of 2,837
I'm sure you can find an audiologist in NYC or something.  I got my impressions from a Sear's hearing aid center, also in NJ for only $20.

My refit and repaired tf-10's are back after about a 2 week repair.  The left earpiece was apparently totally redone so the crack is gone.  The fit is excellent, maybe still a tad bit better in the right, but both are very close to perfect.  I'm very happy with the sound and everything about the entire remolding service.  The only one thing is that the artwork never seems to get done right.... although I may have asked for something a bit too complicated.  I initially wanted a symbol in blue on the left earpiece and in red on the right earpiece but ended up getting blue on both. Now after the refit, I have only blue on the right earpiece and nothing at all on the left.  It doesn't really bother me though, although I sort of wish that I'd just asked for the symbol to be in white on both sides or something like that.
I'll post some pictures later maybe.  My camera battery is dead, it seems to only last a couple of shots even though it's a new camera >.>

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #2,318 of 2,837
We're down to the wire now. Mine were shipped out Friday afternoon with an expected delivery date of the 22nd. Just days before the Xmas break. I am just hoping and praying that the fit and balance is right. I have a Vegas vacation planned for early January and would really like to have these with me for it. I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this so do me a favor and forget I mentioned anything, k :wink:

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #2,319 of 2,837
good luck quadcom.  Imma have my UE TF 10's in time for my flight to NJ on Friday.  I'm going to use them for a few days until I get my impressions and off they go.  

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #2,320 of 2,837

Quote:
We're down to the wire now. Mine were shipped out Friday afternoon with an expected delivery date of the 22nd. Just days before the Xmas break. I am just hoping and praying that the fit and balance is right. I have a Vegas vacation planned for early January and would really like to have these with me for it. I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this so do me a favor and forget I mentioned anything, k :wink:

I really hope everything comes out perfect for you... i do recommend if you havent  had custom monitors before, to wear them at least a week before sending them back if needed. Just because it takes your ears a little while to get used to something sealing off the entire ear and it may be uncomfortable for a few days but it should never hurt.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #2,322 of 2,837
Do Fisher remould the JH13 and JH16 etc guys, anyone know?

I'm actually getting JH16 reshelled as we speak. I worry though. I ASSUME part of JH greatness is placement of the drivers and etc. I'm not sure if Fisher can put them exactly hiw JH intended them to be. 2 drivers, not worried too much but 8 drivers? Seems like a lot of minute details have to be taken into account
All my assumptions tho. I hope they turn out great. I invested a ton of money into my portable setup (way more than I was hoping to)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back