IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Feb 13, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #1,681 of 2,837
I'm still trying to find the best way to take mine out. Right now what I do is I take my thumb and put it on the bottom of the IEM (the "pointy" part, on mine anyway) and put my index finger on the top. I pinch my fingers together while pulling out and then I rotate the top towards the front of my head. Sometimes my fingers slip off though, which is annoying.

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #1,682 of 2,837
if you have a memory wire. Just put your index finger on the inner curve of the memory wire, and pull down with a slight forward curve. That should move your monitors out of your ears without a problem. Then simply remove the monitor. If that doesn't work, don't force it. It works for my ear with just a gentle pull.

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #1,683 of 2,837
Right so two people have just posted that their orders were received over a week after mine and now have their monitors yet Im still waiting to hear back about mine. Fisher, what gives?
confused.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #1,684 of 2,837
I just got my remoulded UE11s. Hmm. They sound kinda muddy to me. The fit is perfect though. Extremely good bass.

There's just some problems with the build. When i shake my left earpiece slightly, i can hear something inside moving. Meaning that there is something loose inside.

Furthermore, there seems to be discrepancy in where they place the drivers. In my right earpiece, i can see a driver placed very very closed to the sound bores, its like halfway along the canal of my ear. But in my left earpiece, I dont see the driver there. As my remoulds are dark purple, I cant see exactly where everythign is placed but i'm quite sure there isnt a driver along the canal part of the left earpiece. Hmm.

Has anyone else remoulded a custom earpiece which belonged to them before? Any changes in sound?

And would anyone know? Do the UE11s sound muddy at all? It's like... there's a veil. Kinda like a IE8.

EDIT: Oh i thought of another way to describe the sound. It's like turning up the bass boost in itunes! Bass is there but sound is muffled.

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #1,685 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusthetom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right so two people have just posted that their orders were received over a week after mine and now have their monitors yet Im still waiting to hear back about mine. Fisher, what gives?
confused.gif

Email Kaysen. She is quite responsive.

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #1,686 of 2,837
I sent mine off the 11th. I am hoping they will be there by Monday so they can get started. I am so excited, I hope the fit good the first time.

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #1,688 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure to put pics in the owner's thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll, intoflatlines. I'll try my best; but without macro lens, the pictures probably won't be able to do justice to how good the finish is for $80.

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #1,689 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still trying to find the best way to take mine out. Right now what I do is I take my thumb and put it on the bottom of the IEM (the "pointy" part, on mine anyway) and put my index finger on the top. I pinch my fingers together while pulling out and then I rotate the top towards the front of my head. Sometimes my fingers slip off though, which is annoying.

This is exactly how I remove them. The tough part is catching my thumb on the bottom of the IEM.

Feb 15, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #1,691 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone here reshelled any custom monitors? How do they sound?

Not only did you not read this thread but you didnt even read this page lol. Just look up several posts.

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #1,692 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my remoulded UE11s. Hmm. They sound kinda muddy to me. The fit is perfect though. Extremely good bass.

There's just some problems with the build. When i shake my left earpiece slightly, i can hear something inside moving. Meaning that there is something loose inside.

Furthermore, there seems to be discrepancy in where they place the drivers. In my right earpiece, i can see a driver placed very very closed to the sound bores, its like halfway along the canal of my ear. But in my left earpiece, I dont see the driver there. As my remoulds are dark purple, I cant see exactly where everythign is placed but i'm quite sure there isnt a driver along the canal part of the left earpiece. Hmm.

Has anyone else remoulded a custom earpiece which belonged to them before? Any changes in sound?

And would anyone know? Do the UE11s sound muddy at all? It's like... there's a veil. Kinda like a IE8.

EDIT: Oh i thought of another way to describe the sound. It's like turning up the bass boost in itunes! Bass is there but sound is muffled.

Sounds like you need to start sending them back to Fisher. Don't stop until they get it right and make sure that they pay for the return shipping. They forget to do that sometimes.

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #1,694 of 2,837
On the sound signature though, it seems that when people share their first impression on additional-driver custom molds that the sound is always off for a while, and then they come back after their brain "burns in" for a bit and gets used to a new way of listening (IMO) and say, "you know what this actually sounds quite good", or something along those lines
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #1,695 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the sound signature though, it seems that when people share their first impression on additional-driver custom molds that the sound is always off for a while, and then they come back after their brain "burns in" for a bit and gets used to a new way of listening (IMO) and say, "you know what this actually sounds quite good", or something along those lines
confused_face(1).gif

I would agree. Case in point. I had my ears cleaned out at my doctor's office. They were 90% clogged with wax (gross I know, but I have never had an ear infection). Afterward my ears were clean as a whistle, and I could not believe the amount of high frequencies I had been missing. In fact things like crinkling paper and rustling of clothes was way too loud to the point of being annoying.

So what happened. I really think my brain adapted to the clogged ears and boosted the frequencies it was not receiving. When the ears were clean those frequencies returned in full and were dominating what I was hearing. It took about two days for everything to return to normal, but it taught me a valuable lesson about hearing.

Moral of the story....your brain is amazing and will adapt to the frequencies you are hearing (within reason of course). So if you don't like those IEM's you sent to Fisher, or UM, give them a week and see how you like them.

just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back