IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Feb 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #1,666 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, the pins on their cables are different? So I reshelled a triple fi. 10 and used the cable it came with, and I later decided to buy on of their cables (or vice versa) it wouldn't work?

It depends. Its really not hard to make any cable fit correctly. Just take a pair of small noised pliers and spread the two pins apart a little bit and that will be enough for them to stay snug in the remold socket.

I have done this twice, so I can say it works.

Takes about 3 mins.

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #1,667 of 2,837
Well here is my story, I orginally shipped my TF10 out like Jan 5th to have done. I got them back around Jan 25th and the left had a good seal but the rights seal was not there at all. So the next day I overnighted them back to them. I then waited and got them back Feb 8th (monday) and was happy when I put that right in - the fit was absolutely perfect! The bad news, my left bud was now lacking the seal it should have and had after the first time. I have no idea why it was remolded when it said on the sheet that it was fine and just the right needed to be done (more time and money ??) Im going to have to call again to have them remolded a second time (just the left this time!)

I tried them for a week to hopefully get a fit but its no luck. Im really disapointed to have to do this again but once both have the fit like my right ear has these things are gonna rock.

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #1,668 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Urabus, thanks for the info.

I did the nail polish trick and the left is sealing well now. It took an awful lot of nail polish to get there though
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking I might get a re-impression just in case

Is the nail polish 100% removable with no damage?

Feb 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #1,669 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, the pins on their cables are different? So I reshelled a triple fi. 10 and used the cable it came with, and I later decided to buy on of their cables (or vice versa) it wouldn't work?

With their current design they use sockets that are slightly larger than most pins other than Fisher cables. If you send in other cables, (ES, UE custom, etc.) they flatten the pins to make them fit tightly in the socket.

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #1,671 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put nail polish on my first set and removed it no problem with some acetone (nail polish remover). I can't say for sure if it has any long term effects though.

A good trick to remove nail polish, esp if you're building up multiple coats, is to simply apply more polish, wait, and then just wipe off. It'll feel solid enough in a few minutes, but it's not totally cured for several hours. It's potentially less damaging than acetone (though I really have no idea if acetone is damaging at all.)

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #1,673 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badd99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm, I should give it a shot. Im going to have to send mine in for a 3rd time...ugh.

Just be glad that you're not on your 5th reshell yet. The 3rd time might be the charm for you.

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #1,674 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE ON FISHER CABLES

Just spoke with Kaysen and she told me that Fisher will no longer be using the same manufacturer for their cables. This is probably due to all the complaints about them breaking, being too stiff. She said they're similar to the Westone cables, will probably cost ~$30, and won't need the pins flattened. It'll be a couple of months before they get these new cables in though. Just wanted to let you all know!

So should I cancel my previous order of old cable and wait couple months for the new one?

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #1,676 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badd99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm, I should give it a shot. Im going to have to send mine in for a 3rd time...ugh.

Um, why did you send in a earpiece that didn't need to be modified? It is their fault and not yours of course but I know when I sent mine in to get a refit I didnt send the cable or the finished fitting right earpiece. I kept them and put nothing in the box other then the one that needed a re-fit and the new and old impression. I guess for all the new people I would recommend only sending in whatever needs to be fixed. Im sure they don't need a cable either.

Feb 13, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #1,677 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A slope worker eh?

I called around out of the Mat Valley phone book and on the third call found a guy that had a shop in Anchorage as well; it's on Denali and Benson but they seem to have one down on Diamond as well. The guy I talked to was named Barry and he definitely sounded clued in, but he said Dave would do the impressions. It will be a week from tomorrow before I go to check them out and probably a while before I really have any experience worth sharing, so you may beat me to it.

It's called Alaska Hearing Aid Institute, 907-344-4900 or 888-554-4242; Barry told me $25 for a pair of impressions.

Off topic again, but thanks for the reference for impressions. I held over in town a couple hours yesterday, 2/11 and had two sets of impressions done. They were cordial, professional and charged $50 for two sets. Anyone procrastinating because of thinking impressions are a hassle, my experience was quick, painless and fairly priced. Hopefully that's the rule rather than the exception.

Now the waiting begins. I sent a recently purchased "backup" pair of $99 Amazon sale TripleFi 10pro to Fisher and the other set of impressions to JHaudio ~JH13
devil_face.gif
. I decided to nip my recent IEM shopping spree in the bud by going right to the top and nix any more universal IEM buying. I could tell I was on the verge of another "problem". Glad I got that taken care of.

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #1,678 of 2,837
I just received mine today. I sent out on Jan. 28 and Fisher received them on Feb 1. I was quote for EAT of Feb. 19; but was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Kaysen yesterday. First impression was good fit/seal on both ears, good finish, and no significant changes in SQ. Will report back after thorough evaluation for a couple of days.

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #1,680 of 2,837
Just got mine too. Sent them out Jan 28th, they got them Jan 27th. Mailed them back to me Feb 11th and I got them today (overnighted, wanted them for a trip).

Seal is good on both ears, finish seems good too. Both feel a little tight at first, but it's probably because I just got use to some Westone UM56 tips on an old pair of Shures. After wearing them a bit my left one seems great, the right one presses a bit much on the cymba area.

I'm never had custom IEMs before, how hard are they for you guys to take out? I really have to dig them out the seal is usually really strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back