IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Feb 8, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #1,636 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't get new impressions. Looking at my impressions and the first set of reshells they sent me

I was looking at my impressions and the monitors match them almost exactly. I'm wondering if the left ear wasn't completely set before she pulled it out because as I look at it there's a bit of a flat side on that sides' canal. The right gets thinner in the canal, but then expands out as it gets to the tip like an hourglass. The right side only expands back out on one side and is flat on the other. It feels like that's where the looseness is too.

Kaysen is going to talk to one of the techs about it. I've got a 30 hour train trip (one way) next month, so I really want these back by then.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #1,637 of 2,837
If I were you, I would use clear nail polish to build up on the areas that you think are thin. That's how I tested my suspicion that the cut angle was off on mine.. I built up the edge that was too low with several layers of nail polish and it started to improve the SQ, so I removed the nail polish and sent it back for a rebuild and told them about my "evidence".

If you feel like that is unrealistic, then I would get new impressions just in case. Get them ASAP if you need them soon because even refits take a little while.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #1,638 of 2,837
With just a week away from Kaysens estimated completion date the anticipation for my monitors is killing me! Does the 15th sound like realistic date to you guys? (my order was received on the 22nd).
Absolutely dieing to get my westone 3's back, the jack broke on them way before christmas and they've been surely missed.
Got my fingers crossed that they'll be with me soon and the fit will be good!

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #1,640 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, does anyone have a picture of the black Fisher cable? Why does everyone go for the clear one, it looks sort of weird to me...

I actually just looked around for you on her myspace and her headfi gallery and there are no pics of the entire cable. Unfortunately when all of her posts were removed all the cable pics went with them. Personally if I had it to do again I would get another cable completely. Im hating the clear one they sell. It is way to un-wielding.

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #1,641 of 2,837
These just arrived from Fisher hearing. I posted my info in the owners thread. I think they turned out great!
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...ml#post6385979

iems005hf.jpg

Feb 9, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #1,642 of 2,837
Just got my replacement black Fisher cable from Kaysen.

This is replacing the broken clear cable that I had.

I can tell you already the black cable will be much easier to deal with and "train".

I've attached some pics of me unbagging the new cable and after attachement to the IEMS.

Only problem. I can't figure out the markings on the plugs so I'm having trouble distinguishing left from right and positive from negative. Of course I didn't look before disconnecting and haven't tried zooming into anyone's clear cable pics.

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #1,644 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a multimeter?

Nope.

There are little itty bitty dots, above each pin. On one there are 1 dot and 2 dot, on the other plug there are 1 dot and 3 dots.

I'm going to assume that the pins with multiple dots are the positive and the pins with the single are the negative.

The left right shouldn't be tough to figure out, I'm sure there's a sound test online somewhere.

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #1,646 of 2,837
I have the clear Fisher cable but they are connected to Shures. The left IEM has the 3 dots on top, 1 dot below. The right IEM has the 2 dots above, 1 dot below. Looking inside the IEMs, the top plugs into the red wire in the Shure, the bottom to the green wire.

I like the look of the black wire, I will most likely order one.

added a pic:
e500.jpg

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #1,648 of 2,837
Urabus, thanks for the info.

I did the nail polish trick and the left is sealing well now. It took an awful lot of nail polish to get there though
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking I might get a re-impression just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back