IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 27, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #1,501 of 2,837
He my friends,

my good friend has JH13 Pro for Sale. So i consider to buy them and of course i need remold. So i ask its better to wait and buy directly from JH or get remold in FISHER?is there some risk?

thanx

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #1,503 of 2,837
Anybody ever try a Fidelity Custom Earphones replacement cable?
clear_cable.jpg

(50 inch, Clear) $30.00 + $7.50 shipping

The transaction was processed by In Ear Systems, Inc.

They also had another version with built-in 50-ohm resistance for attenuating hi-efficiency drivers.

We'll see how it goes...

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #1,505 of 2,837
Jan 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #1,507 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure those cables won't work. They use a completely different style of connector.

The local guy doing my impressions in Anchorage said he could send out my old universal fit IEMs for a dual-bore custom re-fit, and they re-terminate my existing wire with a plug to fit in the back of the custom.

I don't like my existing wire as it tangles easily and is now discolored, so I thought I would bring this along instead.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,508 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody ever try a Fidelity Custom Earphones replacement cable?
clear_cable.jpg

(50 inch, Clear) $30.00 + $7.50 shipping

That's the cable for the Livewires so it won't fit.

Moreover, it is exactly the same with the clear Westone ES cable.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #1,509 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The local guy doing my impressions in Anchorage said he could send out my old universal fit IEMs for a dual-bore custom re-fit, and they re-terminate my existing wire with a plug to fit in the back of the custom.

I don't like my existing wire as it tangles easily and is now discolored, so I thought I would bring this along instead.

Off topic - Who does impressions in Anchorage ? Good experience with them ? Any estimate on cost ? I was thinking of staying an afternoon in Anchorage on my next change out to get impressions done. I haven't had much luck with the yellow pages finding an audiologist that sounded clued in to IEMs though.

Jan 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #1,511 of 2,837
Gah. I got photos from Kaysen yesterday of mine. We're waiting for my girlfriend's to be finished as well prior to shipping (suddenly feeling very impatient, though!). They look great! I'm not going to post pictures up yet, as they were somewhat blurry. I'll wait until I can properly shoot them with my camera.

I'm excited to recieve mine. Apprently they did find a way to reuse the existing socket (didnt even know they werent, if keeping the stock cable!), and apparently mine were done in that fashion. I am very happy for that, as I plan to order a VI cable for mine.

I am feeling so impatient right now.
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #1,513 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bada bing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off topic - Who does impressions in Anchorage ? Good experience with them ? Any estimate on cost ? I was thinking of staying an afternoon in Anchorage on my next change out to get impressions done. I haven't had much luck with the yellow pages finding an audiologist that sounded clued in to IEMs though.

A slope worker eh?

I called around out of the Mat Valley phone book and on the third call found a guy that had a shop in Anchorage as well; it's on Denali and Benson but they seem to have one down on Diamond as well. The guy I talked to was named Barry and he definitely sounded clued in, but he said Dave would do the impressions. It will be a week from tomorrow before I go to check them out and probably a while before I really have any experience worth sharing, so you may beat me to it.

It's called Alaska Hearing Aid Institute, 907-344-4900 or 888-554-4242; Barry told me $25 for a pair of impressions.

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #1,514 of 2,837
Thanks for the referral, it sounds like a good lead. I won't be down to Anchorage until Feb 11th at the earliest. It seems like I've been stuck up here with nothing but my TF10's and Fuse for a year of Januarys
frown.gif
. Grokit, if you think of it, a PM with your impressions of your new impressions
beerchug.gif
would be greatly appreciated. I'm definitely planning to set up an appointment and getting some done.

To get back on topic, has anyone heard a ATH-CK10 remold ? I'm considering having mine done unless there's a good reason not to. Fisher would have no trouble remolding a set of TF10's and a set of ATH-CK10's from one set of impressions, correct ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back