IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #1,517 of 2,837
Ok I finally received my westone es cable for my triple fi's but I can't get my impressions done until the 12th of Feb to send to fisher. My question is that I'm also thinking about getting my second pair of triple fi's remolded by um, so should I get 2 impressions done or does fisher send back your impressions if you request them.

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #1,518 of 2,837
I emailed Kim yesterday and I still haven't heard anything back. How long does it usually take, or would I be better off to call? And another question, how do they accept payment? Will paypal work?

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #1,520 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Kim yesterday and I still haven't heard anything back. How long does it usually take, or would I be better off to call? And another question, how do they accept payment? Will paypal work?

I am feeling nice today. It takes 8 to 10 business days. You could call but they are pretty busy. They will call u for credit card info once they are ready to ship your product. Paypal is a no go i think. Just get their address from their website. Send impressions along with IEMS (balanced armatures). On a piece of paper put shipping address, phone number, shell color, cable color (if using Fisher cable) and any other reasonable requests you have - I also added a note asking them to call me once they get my package and sure enough Kaysen called. You can discuss additional details with her then. Good Luck and Happy Waiting

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #1,521 of 2,837
I will also add some info: I was told 7-8 rush, 10-14 days normal. They will call for payment, Paypal is possible with you paying fees. And to make it easier, here is a price sheet and order form I got from them:

InEarZ Forms (Jan 2010)

But yeah, email them, they have been very prompt on replies to me (I think next day is fine).

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #1,522 of 2,837
Quote:

Kaysen came in the thread long ago and told us that we shouldnt really email Kim since he is the owner and is very busy. She asked that we email her for a quicker response. Just thought Id pass that along since all her posts have ben subsequently removed.

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #1,523 of 2,837
Has anyone had a high-end custom remolded for some sort of aesthetic reason or minor change? I'm curious if a "Fisher" remold of say a UE11 sounds the same as a factory fresh UE11?

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #1,524 of 2,837
Quote:

You might want to try to email Kaysen. I emailed Kaysen this afternoon and got a response in about 2 hours.

Jan 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #1,526 of 2,837
Just an update: My IEMs are back at Fisher for their 5th remold.

1. Shells looked good but sound was way off between the two. No bass in the L earpiece. They were not quality tested and after putting them on the test machine, the large imbalance was seen easily.

2. Sound is great but shells look like a dog chewed on them and managed to get dirt inside of them as well. They came with the graph from the test machine verifying the frequency response and spl.

3. Shells were bad enough not to make it out of Fisher.

4. Shells look good and sound is messed up again. No graph included this time and the bass is awful in the R earpiece.

5. Kim is handling them personally this time and has already verified the sound problem. Fingers are crossed that the 5th time is the charm.

Jan 29, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #1,527 of 2,837
Wow, unbanned!
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder what the problem is with the SF5 EBs.. maybe it's especially difficult for some reason for them to build?

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #1,529 of 2,837
I meant how long does it usually take for Kim to email back. Now the process. I knew that. And I wasn't 100% sure about the paying because I had read you couldn't use paypal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back