IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 8, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #1,111 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by dovienya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend against eating the hotel bathroom soup.

tongue.gif
LOL!

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #1,112 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes you're right, and I was out of line in my other comment. Head-fi has the right to do this, I just wish the posts weren't deleted as it is now confusing. Also it's not Fisher's fault they became so popular and began doing business on the forums, it's f00fighters fault !
floatsmile.png

Could just as easily have been a sponsor or advertiser angry that a hugely popular thread was dealing with customers directly and getting free advertising? Then again I see no difference between that and a shure rep or other assisting customers with questions on the regular threads. Especially when the head-fi community has no problem with it and welcomes the opportunity to deal with someone directly in a friendly environment. I'm not particularly comfortable with seeing words I've already read being made to disappear so that I have to forget them, too Orwellian for my taste. Why was it ok for these past few months on this obviously noticeable and consistently front-page thread?

Hope it gets resolved either way.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #1,113 of 2,837
I'm 17 and was able to catch the Logitech TF10's sale earlier, and upon arrival I really must say I love these headphones!...except for their fit Every song is very engaging, but that's only if I pop my tips in every minute, especially my left ear canal which seems to be adverse to any kind of tips.
My question for you is, keeping in mind my age, would reshelling these headphones be the way to go? Or would getting custom tips perhaps be a wiser idea?
Or perhaps, none of the above. I'm only 5'7 and I (hopefully) have some growing to do. Anyways I was just wondering if getting IEMs reshelled at my age would be worth the money.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #1,116 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMorton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-David (Happily married at 5'7... on a good day)
smily_headphones1.gif

And on bad day, do you get shorter or taller
ksc75smile.gif

j/k...I'm 5'6" (I gave up hoping I might get taller many years ago)

But to Alc Jr's question, while I'm guessing at your age you don't have a ton of disposable income, if you really enjoy music and you are having problems with them staying seated in your ear, getting the custom molds will definitely allow you to get the most enjoyment out of the TF10's. Total cost will end up being around $200 (which is enough to make most non-audiophiles think you are crazy regardless of your income) but if music is a big part of your life then it can be worth it, even if you need to get them refit at some point in the future.

But just to be sure, I'd suggest contacting Kaysen at Fisher to get her throughts. I'm sure they see people in your age bracket that need hearing aids and will have an idea of how often then need to get new molds as they get older.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #1,118 of 2,837
I too am slightly disturbed by the fact that all of the posts made by InEarz have suddenly disappeared. I could understand the mods having a discussion with them, but wiping out all of the posts?

It wasn't like they were creating threads about their services or even giving anyone the hard sell. From what I remember it was all just Kaysen answering questions we had.

Oh well. Guess I should stop before thinkpol come by and my posts end up in the memory hole.

Doubleplusgood!

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #1,119 of 2,837
If you look in the TOS there's several things that were technically violated. Here's a few off the top of my head:

- Sold a product for profit without notifying of MOT status
- Posted before becoming MOT
- Username was the same name as the product/business name (InEarZ)

These aren't sinister violations or anything but they are still technically violations. But who knows, something else could have happened privately that we have no idea about. My guess (hope) is that Kaysen will come back with a new username and MOT status.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #1,121 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishguts182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a pair of monster turbines that the cord gave out on and it not under warrenty. Would it be possible to get these remolded?

'fraid not. Fisher only remolds balanced armatures, and not dynamic drivers.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #1,122 of 2,837
Has anyone heard back from Kaysen in the past few days? I want to send both my girlfriend's and my TF10s in, and possibly order attenuating custom earplugs if they do that (anyone know if they do?), and have yet to get any response. I have the order form, but hate to just mail them off with unanswered questions.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #1,123 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by dovienya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone heard back from Kaysen in the past few days? I want to send both my girlfriend's and my TF10s in, and possibly order attenuating custom earplugs if they do that (anyone know if they do?), and have yet to get any response. I have the order form, but hate to just mail them off with unanswered questions.

I talked to Kaysen yesterday afternoon. Just give them a call. A quick search on google/bing for "fisher hearing" should turn up a link to their website, which has their phone number listed. Everyone there is pretty friendly.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #1,124 of 2,837
I had been calling on the phone, and it was just going straight to voicemail. However, I decided to give a couple more calls since I last posted, and it finally went through and I got to speak with Kathleen. I guess either they have less lines than I thought they did, or we are keeping them VERY busy. Either way, I got my questions answered, and am happy.
smily_headphones1.gif
I should be sending our impressions and TF10s out tomorrow.

For general information, I asked about custom plugs as well. Since they'll already have things in shop, she quoted me $99 for custom attenuating plugs with 15db reduction. I enjoy going to concerts, and either leave with ringing ears or currently use crappy foam earplugs which really reduce the sound quality of the show... I am seriously tempted to order plugs as well.

See? This is why I waited so long to join head-fi. I'm here for like two weeks, and you're already sucking my wallet dry.
angry_face.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #1,125 of 2,837
As we come to the close of day number 8, I have yet to hear word of my headphones that have crossed many miles to the Lake of Mary in the place known as Florida.

And thus begins the weekend. Headphoneless, I return to my tinny sounding Altec Lansing Series 100 computer speakers and weep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back