IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #1,126 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As we come to the close of day number 8, I have yet to hear word of my headphones that have crossed many miles to the Lake of Mary in the place known as Florida.

And thus begins the weekend. Headphoneless, I return to my tinny sounding Altec Lansing Series 100 computer speakers and weep.

Maybe you dont like being the squeaky wheel but that is basically what your doing on here anyhow. I dont blame you a bit, but when I was in your situation I just took advantage of the 1-800 number and had my answer in mere minutes. At least you will know whats going on. That is what customer service is for afterall.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #1,127 of 2,837
Oh I'm not trying to be the squeaky wheel on here and I'm not complaining either. I'm just overcome with antici......pation and know that others here can appreciate where I'm coming from. That's why I tried to be amusing with my wording, sorry it came across as kvetching.

After seeing how many people started coming out of the woodwork for this I highly doubted that Kaysen's estimate of 7-8 days was going to happen. All the same, it doesn't make these Altec Lansings sound any better
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #1,128 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I'm not trying to be the squeaky wheel on here and I'm not complaining either. I'm just overcome with antici......pation and know that others here can appreciate where I'm coming from. That's why I tried to be amusing with my wording, sorry it came across as kvetching.

After seeing how many people started coming out of the woodwork for this I highly doubted that Kaysen's estimate of 7-8 days was going to happen. All the same, it doesn't make these Altec Lansings sound any better
biggrin.gif

Your correct, I didnt mean squeaky wheel in a negative way. I just identify with the anticipation. Part of the reason I went with them was the ability to just call them up. You didnt come across as kvetching. I hope you get them soon but as you I was skeptical of that turnaround time also. My apologies.

Jan 8, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #1,129 of 2,837
mine got to them on dec. 26th and the are technically finished now.the delivery confirmation number has not yet been sent to me so it might be monday before they ship.that is where any from dec. 26th should be.the timing works very well for me since we cant leave the house on the icy roads anyway.with the work load that they have been under, i'm very satisfied! i will be more satisfied around wed.

Jan 8, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #1,132 of 2,837
Those look really nice... The build quality seems to be getting better and better. I was hoping to see pictures today, but they didn't come. They estimated that the IEMs should ship on Monday, so hopefully I'll have pictures on Monday to share with everyone.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm anxious to receive them.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #1,134 of 2,837
They received it on December 29th.

When I spoke to them on Wednesday or Thursday they mentioned Friday or Monday for shipping, so I'm hoping on Monday. As of the time I called, they had poured the mold but hadn't yet put in any coloring. I changed the coloring from translucent black to light blue.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #1,135 of 2,837
I have a pair of the first batch of triple.fi 10's, the ones that came with the numbered roadie case, they've served me well but I'm afraid there's a broken wire inside. In order to get the right IEM to work I have to wiggle it around quite a bit and get just the right pressure on it. Can someone confirm if they rewire the drivers to the cable connector for these remolds? If so, having this done sounds like a great option for me because it would get them working again and improve the fit.

Gary

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #1,136 of 2,837
I'm sure they could resolder the wires to the stock connector no problem. But if you change them over to the other style connector that most customs(UE,Westone,etc) use then they have to solder it to the new connector. So if the problem is what you're describing then yes you could easily get it fixed while having them reshelled. I'd recommend changing the connector so you have more and better cable choices.

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #1,139 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that owner appreciation thread also gone? I could not find it. Anyway, here are my photos, from Kaysen. Nice, I think. ES3 cable. Should be here Monday.

Nice, Tom!
What color is that?

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #1,140 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that owner appreciation thread also gone? I could not find it. Anyway, here are my photos, from Kaysen. Nice, I think. ES3 cable. Should be here Monday.

Nice, Tom!
What color is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back