IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #1,096 of 2,837
The Fisher Cable is far superior to the stock UE cable. From the Wire Management, to the Build Quality, to the Memory Wire, to the Plug, to the Appearance. As mentioned, it does not seem to have changed the sound signature at all and for $20, it seems to be a no brainer.

On a side note, some have complained of the clear fisher cable being a little stiff. I used a hair dryer on high heat to relax the cable and now it is kink free with no stiffness.

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #1,098 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the hairdryer tip. I'm going to give that a shot tonight.

No problem. I taped it to the back of a door (1/8" plug end up and monitors hanging towards the ground) and massaged the wire with my hand after it was heated up by the hair dryer. I took about 10 minutes but I am sure it can be done faster. Good luck!

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #1,100 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why has Kaysen / InEarZ been removed from Head-Fi completely?

Weird... He still exists, but all of his posts are deleted. Maybe the forum owners wanted a piece of his overnight success? (Just speculation....)

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #1,101 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird... He still exists, but all of his posts are deleted. Maybe the forum owners wanted a piece of his overnight success? (Just speculation....)

Could someone provide InEarz's (Kaysen's) email? TIA.

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #1,102 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by russya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

i love the color on these. i want to get the same one except without the gold lettering

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #1,104 of 2,837
I registered on this forum after purchasing a set of UE TF10s on the Amazon deal. I plan to have them reshelled by Fisher, and just got off the phone with Kim.

Regarding the removal of her posts, she was notified earlier today that she violated the forum TOS, and is in communication with the forum mods about the issue. Hopefully Kim, or a mod, will post about it once everything is resolved.

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #1,106 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by knite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I registered on this forum after purchasing a set of UE TF10s on the Amazon deal. I plan to have them reshelled by Fisher, and just got off the phone with Kim.

Regarding the removal of her posts, she was notified earlier today that she violated the forum TOS, and is in communication with the forum mods about the issue. Hopefully Kim, or a mod, will post about it once everything is resolved.

Yes you're right, and I was out of line in my other comment. Head-fi has the right to do this, I just wish the posts weren't deleted as it is now confusing. Also it's not Fisher's fault they became so popular and began doing business on the forums, it's f00fighters fault !
floatsmile.png

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #1,107 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem. I taped it to the back of a door (1/8" plug end up and monitors hanging towards the ground) and massaged the wire with my hand after it was heated up by the hair dryer. I took about 10 minutes but I am sure it can be done faster. Good luck!

I was one of the complainers about the stiff cable, I will have to try this technique. I don't own a hair dryer but..... hey i'm traveling at staying in a hotel and guess what's in the bathroom?
normal_smile .gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #1,109 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was one of the complainers about the stiff cable, I will have to try this technique. I don't own a hair dryer but..... hey i'm traveling at staying in a hotel and guess what's in the bathroom?
normal_smile .gif

Towels! Toothpaste! Shampoo! Soup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back