IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 6, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #1,051 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be worried about the nail polish dissolving/falling off over time. I have an allergy to nickel and when I was little I had this watch that I liked but the metal backing on it irritated my skin so I put clear nail polish over it. Pretty quickly (I would guess over a couple weeks) the nail polish started to dissolve and flake off. I'm not sure I would want that in my ears..

i'm guessing there was quite a bit more friction between the metal backing of the watch and your skin, even if your watch was pretty secure (twisting the wrist and all would still do it). nail polish over the covering of the customs shouldn't degrade as quickly, although I haven't personally tried it, so I don't know how long it lasts on average. hopefully longer than a few weeks.

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #1,052 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am afraid that I have a seal issue. My right ear will lose a seal if I open my mouth a little bit.

When you had your impressions taken, did they use the bite block like UE suggested?

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #1,057 of 2,837
Thanks Kaysen. I've found pulling my ear as you described is working pretty well. I am going to try to add a coat of clear polish and see if that fixes it. My left ear is sealed like a vault. It makes my right ear jealous.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #1,059 of 2,837
I wonder, with all those getting this done with Triple.Fi's, would it be worth doing it with my Super.Fi 5's?

If, for whatever reason, my SF's break, I think this might be a nice way of resurrecting them
smily_headphones1.gif
Since they are out of warranty, and I have had a friend had his SF5s break, where the actual shell is just broken, but not any of the internals.

Thanks guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #1,061 of 2,837
Oh poo, I thought I would get them this week, but it seems fate has struck me once again and I must wait impatiently. I can understand though, they must have had a ton of orders over the holidays.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #1,062 of 2,837
Specto,

Thanks for the referral. I went to the Audiologist this morning had mine done. Very nice folks with good pricing too. If anyone need impression done in Maryland, here is the contact info.

Advanced Hearing Centers, Inc.
8600 Snowden River Parkway,
Suite 309
Columbia MD 21045
1-877-255-3277.

Mods: If this is against forum rules please free to delete it. I thought this might help some folks looking for audiologist as I had a hard time locating one.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #1,063 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by DVDIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Specto,

Thanks for the referral. I went to the Audiologist this morning had mine done. Very nice folks with good pricing too. If anyone need impression done in Maryland, here is the contact info.

Advanced Hearing Centers, Inc.
8600 Snowden River Parkway,
Suite 309
Columbia MD 21045
1-877-255-3277.

Mods: If this is against forum rules please free to delete it. I thought this might help some folks looking for audiologist as I had a hard time locating one.

Might want to post this in another thread.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #1,064 of 2,837
Just got my reshelled triplefis today... have them in and they sound awesome (appears to be the same sound signature as before). The fit is awesome and they are extremely comfortable. There don't appear to be any bubbles or anything. I will be posting a detailed description of the process from start to finish in this thread, and ultimately, after some critical listening, will be posting pictures and a review in the InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Owner's Thread.

Woo Hoo! Thanks Kaysen for your quick responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back