IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #1,036 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
because, a majority of your time wearing the monitors, you will not be sleeping.

Actually, in bed is the only time I can wear IEM without being disturbed. As a matter of fact this is the only time I listen to my portable player. I have a high end 2 channel music system as my main music gear. This is where I do most of my music listening.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #1,037 of 2,837
Well, to be honest. Customs are not where you would want to go then. Sleeping with In-Ear monitors is not a good habit to begin with as it exposes your ears to music to long periods of time which could cause hearing impairment. Also, it puts the monitors in risks like say yanking of the cable, rolling over them with a 100 pound body etc. Unless you want to get your custom monitors repaired every three months, you might as well go universal.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #1,038 of 2,837
I don't wear my monitor for the whole night. I usually listen for about an hour and I always take them off before falling asleep. I like lie on my side while in bed. I find that position more comfortable. I have done this for years and never had any problems with my CX300, RE0, PK2s.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #1,039 of 2,837
Today is the 6th business day since they received them. I am eagerly awaiting!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #1,040 of 2,837
Well, today I had decided to take the plunge and do business with Fisher Hearing. I drove to their office in Lake Mary and had the opportunity to meet Kaysen and Kim, along with some other folks in the company. The shop is small and busy, which is great to see. Both Kim and Kaysen were very nice, informative and took me to see the lab area where "the magic happens". Lots of handwork being done, which was pretty cool to witness. I saw *lots* of trays for orders that were generated from Head-fi traffic. Well, that pile just grew by one today! I got lucky with Fisher being semi-local, so my impressions were done in-house for no charge!

Overall, I've had a great experience so far, but as they say, the proof is in the pudding, so I'll definitely post impressions once I receive the customs back.
smily_headphones1.gif
I feel even more confident than before after having met the crew today.

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #1,041 of 2,837
Just received a call from Kaysen with my tracking number. My TripleFi customs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Once I receive the earphones, I will post a day by day detailed description of the process for those readers who haven't taken the plunge yet. I will post my review in the new forum for "owners of fisher hearing customs".

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #1,042 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received a call from Kaysen with my tracking number. My TripleFi customs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Once I receive the earphones, I will post a day by day detailed description of the process for those readers who haven't taken the plunge yet. I will post my review in the new forum for "owners of fisher hearing customs".

I look forward to your review as I have a pair of UE Trip Fi 10 I'd like to have done.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #1,044 of 2,837
Well, the folks at Fisher came through and overnighted my IEM's to me. I am very pleased with the refit changes that they made. They made the corrections to the length of the stems from my descriptions only. They feel very comfortable in my ears and I am having no comfort problems at all after listening for about an hour and a half now.

I am afraid that I have a seal issue. My right ear will lose a seal if I open my mouth a little bit. Are there any suggestions about how to fix this without sending them off again? Its VERY close to a perfect seal, just a tad bit loose. I'm going to use for a while and see if I can find an insertion technique that will lock the seal better and will use them over the weekend at a gig I am mixing. If the loss of seal is bothersome, I will see what I need to do with Fisher to get it fixed, but would love a quick fix w/o having to ship them off again.

They sound great and look great.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #1,046 of 2,837
Kaysen just emailed a tracking # for my refit! should be here thursday. I emailed last night and asked not to ship them though because I wanted to get some artwork done as well. I don't think my email was very clear though, now that I just reread it.

oh well, i guess I'll see if it fits well and send them out again. anyone know if they just etch in the artwork on the current faceplate? or do they need to make another faceplate with artwork?

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #1,048 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try the clear nail polish technique on the area you feel is causing the seal to break. It will thicken it up ever so slightly in that area.

My wife has some that I am about to use. Any tips? If I mess up, will nail polish remover take it off my IEM if it doesn't work?

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #1,049 of 2,837
I'd be worried about the nail polish dissolving/falling off over time. I have an allergy to nickel and when I was little I had this watch that I liked but the metal backing on it irritated my skin so I put clear nail polish over it. Pretty quickly (I would guess over a couple weeks) the nail polish started to dissolve and flake off. I'm not sure I would want that in my ears..

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #1,050 of 2,837
Im pretty sure someone actually claimed Sleek Audio told someone to go with the nail polish procedure. I was pretty suprised by that but it has been widely discussed and utilized for a long time by headfiers. Mostly I remember reading all this in the Freq and Livewire threads from a long while ago. I have the same concerns as intoflatlines but I think Im in the minority. Im sure you could search it out pretty good if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back