IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 5, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #1,021 of 2,837
Sorry for doing what I always advise people against (asking a question without reading the while thread), but this thread is over 1000 posts long and I have to eat and use the bathroom once in a while.
biggrin.gif

If I were to send in my UE10's with which they can copy the mold (so no new impressions are needed), and send in my Shure E500's, how do they make a custom. Do they open the original housing and take the individual armatures and set them in their own mold, or do they just surround the whole, original E500 housing into their own mold.

And, since I am having the famous "E500 wire at the shell not working well problem", do they run their own cable into the IEM?

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #1,023 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blah blah blah....
If I were to send in my UE10's with which they can copy the mold (so no new impressions are needed), and send in my Shure E500's, how do they make a custom. ... end blah?

you can see my fisher e500 in that other thread...

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #1,026 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They destroy the original housing and make their own shell and they put in a socket for replaceable cable.

Thanks. Is it a UE10/11 JH-13 type of cable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can see my fisher e500 in that other thread...

Link please
smile.gif
...and what's up with the "blah, blah, blah? Am I boring you? /snip would
have been cool.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #1,027 of 2,837
Quote:

I don't believe so, earlier in the thread there are pics of the cable options. They appear to be solid, not braided like the UE and Westone cables are. I went ahead and ordered a JH-13 cable and sent it in with my order, its a much nicer cable then the stock cable.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #1,028 of 2,837
I meant the terminations. If you are sending in your JH-13 cable, that answers my question. Thanks.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #1,029 of 2,837
Quote:

It's not braided/twisted like those, it's got a wrap around it but it has the 2 pin connectors. There's some different colors to choose from. I sent in a Westone ES cable to get my TF10 done.

Quote:

Link please

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...thread-464570/

edit: too slow!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #1,031 of 2,837
I didn't see any mention of how much Fisher charges for actual creation of the impression if we are local to their office.

InEarz, did I miss that somewhere? Thanks!

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #1,032 of 2,837
I'm also wondering how the single-bore vs. double-bore customizations compare to each other if the internals are SE530. There was some discussion of more detail and less warmth. Does that characterize the difference? I'm ready to pull the trigger, just trying to think about actual color and single vs. dual bore design.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #1,035 of 2,837
InEarz or anyone qualified to answer this,

I will be wearing my custom reshelled UE Triplefi 10 while sleeping and I usually sleep on my side. So I assume there will be added pressure applied to the IEM in this case. So, when I have my impression taken, is it a good idea to tell my audiologist not to go deep into the ear canal when taking the impression ?
Comfort is very important to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back