IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #737 of 2,837
Just got my TF10 but too late to send them in for remold
frown.gif
Will definitely do that when I come back from the trip.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #739 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are pictures of my reshelled UE5EBs. As you can see, they're not the best looking customs ever. Plenty of internal pitting, bubbles and even pieces of debris. The fit is perfect on the left but a little loose on the right. I'll probably have to use some nail polish to try and get it perfect.

I'm glad that I was in Orlando and could pick them up from Fisher because there were major problems with the left earpiece. The left earpiece was much quieter than the right and had to be fixed. They also redipped the right side to try and make it larger (it helped, but not quite enough).

The sound is very good and the reshell works beautifully with the UEs. I bought a new Westone clear cable and had Fisher use that instead of the stock UE cable. Highly recommended.

What's your current impression on the sound? I have a pair of UE5EB's and the shell is starting to split. I'm considering this mod but I'm wondering if there's any change to the sound signature? I like mine but don't want the bass to get any more prominent that it already is.

Dec 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #741 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my TF10 from Amazon as well! Tomorrow I will be setting up an appointment for impressions. Then I have to wait for my Westone cable to arrive. Then I can send everything for the customs!
smily_headphones1.gif

Me too. Sadly I'm taking vacation days to do all of this. Granted I will be with my family too, but it was the only way I could do it. I actually found someone that will do my impressions for $35! Way cheaper than the other places I have found.

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #744 of 2,837
Question:
Since we know on universals different tips give different sounds. What kind of equivalent seal does a custom offer?
i.e.: does a custom give you sound more like foam tips, soft silicone, hard silicone, comply?

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #746 of 2,837
just got a call from kaysen to get my CC info, and I just received an email of the tracking info from her as well. my custom triple.fi's are scheduled to arrive here on the 23rd via 2 day air.

kaysen said she forgot her camera today, so unfortunately I don't have pictures to share. I ended up going with the black faceplate, clear shells and black tips though. I'll post pictures and a short review when I receive them and have a bit of time to mess around with them. very excited! cheers all around!
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #748 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your current impression on the sound? I have a pair of UE5EB's and the shell is starting to split. I'm considering this mod but I'm wondering if there's any change to the sound signature? I like mine but don't want the bass to get any more prominent that it already is.

Couldn't tell you. Fisher messed mine up twice and have them in their workshop again as we speak.

Dec 22, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #749 of 2,837
and yours were a special order, I know ur upset but do you need to trash them "again" in here with the new client posibilities roaming around..
edit* sorry, I didnt see you were answering a question, but didnt you at least listen to em?

Anyways Ravvis. Awesome. I hope you love them.. When did you send them in? What was the turn around 5 days or so, They are pretty quick and good with answering questions. and 2 day air is sweet. I wonder if mine will be shipped back the same way

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #750 of 2,837
Anyone know what dates Fisher will be closed for Holidays? Trying to get a schedule for my sending in of molds, TF10s, etc. I PM'd InEarz but I figured I would ask in the thread, maybe someone can answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back