IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 22, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #752 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways Ravvis. Awesome. I hope you love them.. When did you send them in? What was the turn around 5 days or so, They are pretty quick and good with answering questions. and 2 day air is sweet. I wonder if mine will be shipped back the same way

I shipped my triple.fi's on 12/10 and they got to fisher on 12/12 (a saturday). So I would say the time they actually received them was Monday, 12/14, and they shipped them after 5 pm today, 12/21.

The thing is, I was emailing back and forth all last week to figure out the color. I confirmed last Monday that I wanted a clear shell, I was just figuring out the faceplate color and the tip color. I was waiting on Kaysen who said they could make me a "sample" grey shell with shimmer, since they don't have the titanium color I would have liked. I didn't ask for this, she offered for making the sample. She said she would send pictures "soon". She sent me that email last Monday, a prompt response upon receiving my iems.

I then contacted her on Tuesday via phone to ask about it. she said she would ask the guy who makes them to try to make it today and she would send me samples in the afternoon or the next morning. I emailed her wednesday at around 1 pm to ask if they made any progress on the sample. She promptly said she hoped by today he would be able to make them.

I then emailed around noon on Friday to ask if they could show me a sample today, then great. if not I'd just go with the black faceplate as I knew what that would look like and I would be satisfied with that as well. I was mainly just getting impatient of waiting for 5 days to see just see a "sample" of the color, which to me just meant seeing a small speck of the color, not an entire shell or anything at all. She emailed me back pretty quickly saying that the guy who makes the shells was in a motorcycle accident
eek.gif
and Friday was his first day back. That made me wonder... what was going on for the past 5 days?!
confused_face_2.gif
Anyway, she said they would definitely ship by Monday with pictures. They did ship today, no pictures.

So overall, 6 days, no sample made, no pictures, prompt responses, but slow action. That being said, apparently the guy who made the shells was in a motorcycle accident, so that's not really his fault, except that motorcycles aren't the safest form of transportation. Other than that, it's also soon before the holiday break and she said they were backed up on making hearing aids before the break, which is perfectly understandable. I wouldn't even expect so much, like receiving pictures or anything else for that matter if it weren't for this thread and all the previous experience of others with fisher hearing. I guess I expected a bit more given the mostly glowing praise.

I'm usually a pretty forgiving guy, so the fact that she at least responded quickly and let me know what was going on most of the time made me feel a bit better. I'm overall satisfied with the overall turn around time (4, 5, 6 days, no big deal). How much time they actually spent on it though, i'm not sure. seems like it was made in a day or two, and was just sitting in their office for 4 days while they were working on other more urgent orders. I'm guessing that's how it's done anyway though. any one know more of the details?

I don't think I'd be as critical if I weren't actually waiting for a sample.
frown.gif
Most people send them in with their color, wait 5 days and get pictures. If I did that, I would probably not have much to say. I just thought since I was being updated pretty much daily, I would share the overall experience from last week. man I am waaay too wordy.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #753 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ravissimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is, I was emailing back and forth all last week to figure out the color. I confirmed last Monday that I wanted a clear shell, I was just figuring out the faceplate color and the tip color. I was waiting on Kaysen who said they could make me a "sample" grey shell with shimmer, since they don't have the titanium color I would have liked. I didn't ask for this, she offered for making the sample. She said she would send pictures "soon". She sent me that email last Monday, a prompt response upon receiving my iems.

Did you want a special metallic plate like the JHs?

It seems like the only negative experiences is from people wanting really specific out of the box things from them, like the other guy that they tried having them fit an larger IEM they hadn't worked with before. I say kudos on InearZ for trying instead of just refusing.

Dec 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #754 of 2,837
For those that sent in their triple.fis to Fisher did you ship them in the case that came with your Fi's or were they packed and shipped in some other container or packaging. Just want to make sure I get my original UE case back from Fisher when I send mine off.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #756 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisishieu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was taken directly out of an email I received from them.

"Note: it takes 5-6 days in house and we are leaving at 1:30 Christmas eve and closed Christmas. " Not sure about new years though..

They will also be out of the office on January 1st, returning the following Monday.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #757 of 2,837
Exciting times.

So I'll get my impressions done tomorrow as there is an excellent place here in Indianapolis that will do both ears for $20. I'll ship these and the TF10s tomorrow as well. My hope is that FH will be able to turn them around and have them back to me by January 7th, that's when my wife and I are leaving for Florida and it would be nice to have them on that trip. Still debating which type of color to use...part of me loves the dark translucent blue, but then again, clear is tempting because it just seems simplier. I'm not a flashy type of person.

I'll document my process with FH. I've already been communicating with Kaysen and she has been very helpful.

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #758 of 2,837
I have a pair of E500s I just sent you information on. Like a lot of Shures the cables are horrible now (3 years old) and it will be so nice to listen to them without random dull electrical shocks
ksc75smile.gif

Sorry I must have missed it but is there an actual order form I need to fill out?

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #759 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll document my process with FH. I've already been communicating with Kaysen and she has been very helpful.

+1, Kaysen (InEarz) you were very nice and helpful on the phone. I like the fact that Fisher is a family business.

I found that calling Fisher is the best way to get ahold of Kaysen or someone else (quicker than email). We spoke on the phone this morning about reshelling my TF10s. I had my molds done yesterday and am just waiting for my Westone cable to come in before shipping everything to Fisher! I'm excited about getting my first custom monitor (I'm an electric bass player).

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #760 of 2,837
Ajm. I went translucent blue abs mine are at fishers place right now. I love the look of see through blues.

Looks like more n more people are showing up and sending fisher parts off. I bet hey are getting pretty busy over there. Even more so if the shell builder was injured. I wonder if that means there's only 1 person making the shells.

Anyways thanks for all the info on your experience. All of us needy head fiers are just crazy and Kaysen is probably slowly learning that haha.

I'll also give updates on mine. But with Xmas comin mine probably won't be done in time to ship this week. So I'll get mine like next wed. I think

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #761 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you want a special metallic plate like the JHs?

It seems like the only negative experiences is from people wanting really specific out of the box things from them, like the other guy that they tried having them fit an larger IEM they hadn't worked with before. I say kudos on InearZ for trying instead of just refusing.

I did want a specific metallic plate, but I asked FH whether or not they could do it. I am not disappointed in the fact that they do not have that color choice. That is not at all my argument. I commend Kaysen on trying to find another color that would be similar that they do make. My point was that the sample never materialized, that's all. I was waiting for/expecting MORE because it was offered, not because I initially expected or demanded it.

If you read my whole post, it would be clear that my experience was not entirely negative and was overall very positive. I simply wrote all of that as a record of my experience for others to know before sending out their IEMs.

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #762 of 2,837
I haven't seen any new pics recently. Would be cool to see some recent work.

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #764 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDENZEAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen any new pics recently. Would be cool to see some recent work.

+2

I've got the impressions sitting here on my desk and my headphones next to them. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this, but I'm thinking of waiting until after the holidays since they would probably add an awful lot to the turn around time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back