IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 6, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #452 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Lil' Knight, any impression? How much of difference from stock SE530?

Well, I tried it with the Sansa Clip+ for the gym today and the B32s. With the Clip+, the sound is too warm and muddy, I don't think I heard the highs. Quite disappointed. However, I'm back room and tried with the B32s, the change was quite dramatic. Much more transparent, deep and tight bass (not on the level of the JH13s though) and the treble is much more sparkling. Very happy with the sound and I can say it's a big improvement from the stock SE530s. Generally, the sound is more neutral with wider soundstage, which also means less fun in the the mids, not sure if this is a plus cos I love the colored and fun sound of the SE530s. I'll try with my iTouch G3 later when I charge it but so far the Clip+ didn't do a good job.

Can't wait to receive my TF10 and send them to Fisher. The shipping date is 23rd, which sucks a lot cos I'll leave the States for a 2 weeks trip.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #454 of 2,837
Will the different fisher hearing cable change the sound of the triple fi's or it doesn't matter?

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #455 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys think I could send my TF10 AND my Westone 2 for a REAL amazing custom with 5 drivers?

Ha go for it!

And when you find a place in Vegas to get good impressions done for the right price let me know!

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #456 of 2,837
Is there no where in vegas for "good" impressions. Have you had them done anywhere here? with all the professional music shows, and acts here. there HAS to be somewhere that can do a good job. Get on the Westone Site and look into customs. and when you search for a local etailer or whatever. Westone links you to MANY qualified places that are OK'd be Westone. the list was huge, either that or it was just every ear place. I'm not sure.

Have you looked into a good place buddha.. I'd also go to St George Utah, or even Cali if I had to. short drive from Vegas. but I'm sure we have a good place here somewhere

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #457 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys think I could send my TF10 AND my Westone 2 for a REAL amazing custom with 5 drivers?

To be honest I wouldn't say it's going to be amazing. First of all, 5 drivers probably wouldn't fit your ears unless you have really big one. Secondly how do you see it? 3 woofers 2 tweeters? Moreover you would need 4 sound bores with different dampers to achieve appropriate sound-balance.
I'd rather go for dual-tf10-woofer um2-midbass-mids-highs and tf10-highs

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #458 of 2,837
it'd be far to complicated and hard to use. The drivers would end up being a Sonion 3300 Variable, a UE high driver, a low from Westone and some sort of high driver from Westone....like piotrus said it's gonna be all messy and mixed up. I would take dual TF10's over Westone 2 + TF10 anyday. I just wised the TF10 had a better high frequency extension...actually i wish all their earphones/monitors had better high frequency extension.

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #459 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so you know. We are a hearing aid dealer also so we know audiologists all over the country. All I would need is your zip code i will call the audiologist in that area and tell you what price they will charge.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #460 of 2,837
Can anyone recommend an audiologist in the Seattle/Redmond (98052) area? Looking forward to getting my 530's reshelled.

Thanks.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #461 of 2,837
JH13 has dual low dual mid dual high~

Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest I wouldn't say it's going to be amazing. First of all, 5 drivers probably wouldn't fit your ears unless you have really big one.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #462 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by irwando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone recommend an audiologist in the Seattle/Redmond (98052) area? Looking forward to getting my 530's reshelled.

Thanks.

Another member here (pseudohippy) recently informed me of a location called Beltone Hearing Aid Center. Supposedly they did a good job for a low price too ($20). The closest location to you is in Burien but it sounds like it may be worth the trip.

edit: I found another place on the Beltone website called American Advanced Hearing Aid Inc located in Everett. map and stuff here

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #463 of 2,837
Hey guys, I was lucky enough to snag a pair of the tf10 during the sale and im looking to get them reshelled when i get them, however a question just popped in my mind and its nagging at me:

I have a pair of custom sleeves for my scl4's, and every once in a while, the nozzle of one of the earphones gets clogged somehow and i have to replace it (cleaning doesnt help). Not a problem since the sleeves are removable, but if this was to happen with a reshelled tf10, how do you replace the nozzle if the need arises?

Edit: Oh hey, first post! Just noticed that.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #464 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it'd be far to complicated and hard to use. The drivers would end up being a Sonion 3300 Variable, a UE high driver, a low from Westone and some sort of high driver from Westone....like piotrus said it's gonna be all messy and mixed up. I would take dual TF10's over Westone 2 + TF10 anyday. I just wised the TF10 had a better high frequency extension...actually i wish all their earphones/monitors had better high frequency extension.

... they have great highs, compared to other IEMs. Are you sure you are listening to the right phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back