IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 5, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #436 of 2,837
Yeah, I haven't kept up but somehow I ordered 3 sets of TF10s.

If you are supposed to keep up, the cost would be more. The true cost is TF10 99$ + $80 reshell + impressions (20-80$) + cable (20$) + shipping both ways.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #437 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can people find a $180 custom IEM?

Nope, cant find it anymore, let me know if you can ^ ^

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #438 of 2,837
easy guys... lets be nice. We all enjoy our music and are passionate

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #439 of 2,837
you guys think I could send my TF10 AND my Westone 2 for a REAL amazing custom with 5 drivers?

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #440 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys think I could send my TF10 AND my Westone 2 for a REAL amazing custom with 5 drivers?

I think it has a lot to do with cross over..not just how many drivers you send them..lol~

but I heard um can add a driver to the fisher triple fi..

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #441 of 2,837
Here is where I came up with my number because I wasn't clear. There is no commercial option for triple driver custom fit IEM's but by sourcing it out, there is a great deal to be had.

TF10-$99 Fisher Remold-$80

Since most of time time people don't go around quoting the price of customs with the cost of impressions or shipping, I think it's pretty safe to say that the triple driver custom fit IEM (if you bought the TF10 $99 from Amazon or Logitech yesterday) is $179. Just like companies like UE, Fidelity, JH Audio, etc. don't factor in impressions and shipping into their price.

If we add extras, my impressions cost $16, One could use the stock cable for no extra charge (or Fisher provides one for $20 that I am going to use), and shipping is let's say $20 both ways we are adding $56 at least. Still under $250 for the finished product.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #442 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is where I came up with my number because I wasn't clear. There is no commercial option for triple driver custom fit IEM's but by sourcing it out, there is a great deal to be had.

TF10-$99 Fisher Remold-$80

Since most of time time people don't go around quoting the price of customs with the cost of impressions or shipping, I think it's pretty safe to say that the triple driver custom fit IEM (if you bought the TF10 $99 from Amazon or Logitech yesterday) is $179. Just like companies like UE, Fidelity, JH Audio, etc. don't factor in impressions and shipping into their price.

If we add extras, my impressions cost $16, One could use the stock cable for no extra charge (or Fisher provides one for $20 that I am going to use), and shipping is let's say $20 both ways we are adding $56 at least. Still under $250 for the finished product.

Wait. You mean that you don't have to spend $20 on Fisher's cable? I must have missed that. LOL

You're obviously correct in your math. For the exact same price, you could also have a custom hybrid with one dynamic driver and one BA driver reshelled by Fisher.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #443 of 2,837
Now i'm confused lol. Thanks Ultimate Ears and Amazon, for having this one day greatest sale ever on the eve of sending in mine for reshelling, now the line will be enormous! I wish fisher hearing could add 1 more driver, now that would be super awesome!!! because I do not have the energy and patience to deal with a company in China.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #444 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait. You mean that you don't have to spend $20 on Fisher's cable? I must have missed that. LOL

You're obviously correct in your math. For the exact same price, you could also have a custom hybrid with one dynamic driver and one BA driver reshelled by Fisher.

The Ultimate Ear's cord will fit, I have been told, since it is a two prong cable. It may need modification to fit though. I've decided to go with Fisher's cable though.

Your idea of a hybrid sounds interesting (no pun intended), but Fisher can't reshell dynamic driver's.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #445 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ultimate Ear's cord will fit, I have been told, since it is a two prong cable. It may need modification to fit though. I've decided to go with Fisher's cable though.

Your idea of a hybrid sounds interesting (no pun intended), but Fisher can't reshell dynamic driver's.

Yes, Fisher can reshell dynamics. They've got a set of mine already.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #446 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, Fisher can reshell dynamics. They've got a set of mine already.

Oh, I didn't know they were able to do them yet. I guess I am behind.

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #447 of 2,837
They can only reshell the SF5EB. No other dynamic drivers. Also it would be fair to include shipping and impressions into the cost, UE notes that you need impression and shipping costs on top of the price they charge. But if you head in to their office, they do it for free. Fisher Hearing doesn't. So it's safe to say that the quote would be

Cost of Earphone + $80 Remold + Impressions + Shipping
*$20 Optional Cable available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back