IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 9, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #31 of 2,837
I think, the OP already stated, that it took around 1 or 2 weeks before he gets his IEMs back. Be patience.

TQ

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #32 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seufari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please quit posting in this thread... Every time I see this thread come up I think you are posting your finished product review!

angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Joking of course...

LOL, Seufari, try subscribing to the Pico Slim thread. That's the real nightmare. There will be a review soon. Here's what sucks- Ultimate Ears mailed out the UE11 cable on Friday, so it won't reach the company until November 12th. Kim won't start on it until he receives that cable.

So here's my plan. It came to my attention that JH-Audio is in my backyard. Literally they are less than 10 minutes away from my house. I plan on sampling the universal version of their JH-13 that they use for others to try. I'm preying they have a UE11 cable, because I heard that's what they use. I'm not sure - anyway, if it's there, I will buy it today, and take it over to the other company, and have them get started on my triple fi's immediately.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #33 of 2,837
I met with Jerry Harvey today, at JH Audio which is 15 minutes from my house. For those of you who don't know, he is the founder of Ultimate Ears. He created the Triple.Fi 10 Pro. I spoke with him for over an hour today. I was a little "star struck" in the sense that I was talking with the man that created the best IEMs I have ever heard. Suffice to say, the JH-13 are a great earphone, but not in my budget at the moment.

I was telling him how much I enjoyed the Triple.Fi 10 to the point that I am getting them reshelled into customs. He opened his drawer and pulled out the 4th triplefi ever produced straight from the production line. Jerry explained to me that they will not sound right after reshelling ,because he specifically tuned them for the length and fit of the triplefi's tubes/casing (something to that effect). He said the signature will most likely change.

This of course got me worried, after spending several hours with the JH-13, I drove to Lake Mary to speak with Kim who is supposed to reshell my TripleFi's. I explained to him what Jerry told me, and further explained that Jerry created the TripleFi so he must know what he's talking bout.

Kim kept re-assuring me that it shouldn't be a problem, and not to worry. Kim received someone else's UE11's today, and was using their cable to figure out the proper pin configuration so he could get started on my TripleFi's. He said he should have them ready by this Wednesday (Nov 11).

It was depressing to see my triplefi's into little pieces. And despite Kim's re-assurances, I couldn't help but feel like I made a mistake.

Can any of you tell me if Unique Melody does this reshelling the same exact way? or do they do some kind of fine tuning to the drivers to suit the custom mold?

UPDATE: Thankfully, I didn't make a mistake. The Custom TF10 came out great.

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #34 of 2,837
Most probably the sound signature will changed
smily_headphones1.gif
due to the better isolation and seal. Bass may goes deeper and the treble is getting cleaner. Not to worry much and think positive.

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #35 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most probably the sound signature will changed
smily_headphones1.gif
due to the better isolation and seal. Bass may goes deeper and the treble is getting cleaner. Not to worry much and think positive.

iA
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #37 of 2,837
Interesting... will be keeping an eye on this one.

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #39 of 2,837
I received them yesterday. I am still holding off on a review because I want to give it a few days of listening for a good thorough review. I will say that I am very happy with them
smily_headphones1.gif
And that it was a good decision to go this route with the TripleFi. There are some changes in sound signature that I will disclose when I give my review; at which point I will also divulge the name of the company.

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #41 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please include pics... lots of pics
tongue.gif

+1

Pics talk a ton here! Hopefully they look nice so that I don't have to go through the tedious process of sending my SE530s to UM.

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #44 of 2,837
I've updated the Original Post with pics, as well as here!

4102555216_315ce9eb87.jpg

4102555320_91c601de43.jpg

4102555456_1191dd2b26.jpg

4102555604_b0cb90f14e.jpg

4102555718_f73e55ae85.jpg

4101800171_0b4b86a960.jpg

4102556458_ebf4c4d580.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back