IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Apr 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #2,461 of 2,837
They are single bore and I didn't request anything special. The white material is some kind of soft plastic that Klipsch used to encapsulated the drivers. I guess Fisher decided it was safer to just leave that in place.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #2,462 of 2,837
^awesome.... did u find any differences in SQ?  

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #2,463 of 2,837
My C3 are single bore. They are being refitted for the left ear piece and retuned as I know the C3 sound very well and it was missing the details. I'm not sure if the double bore would do anything to the details or not, but I hope when I receive them in the next week or two, it'll sound right. Also, mine don't have the material wrapped around the drivers like in the pictures.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #2,464 of 2,837
@alphaphoenix.... let me know if there are any differences/ your impressions of between single and dual bore... contemplating of getting some C3's remolded for gym use

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #2,465 of 2,837
What a coincidence.  I just received my refits from UPS just a half hour ago.  The fit is perfect now, and A/B comparison to my stock Custom 3 proved they got the sound right.

Here are some pictures.  Mine have been doubled bored.  It's hard to tell as the bore diameter aren't the same size.  They sound brilliant now.  I'm a very happy customer.  Refit took less then two weeks, which is more than reasonable in my book.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2,466 of 2,837
Apr 1, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #2,467 of 2,837
Quick question... Can someone go into detail on how exactly refits work? Do you just email them with a picture of the areas that need refitting and tell them what the problem is, or is there something else involved?

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #2,468 of 2,837

Quote:
What a coincidence.  I just received my refits from UPS just a half hour ago.  The fit is perfect now, and A/B comparison to my stock Custom 3 proved they got the sound right.

Here are some pictures.  Mine have been doubled bored.  It's hard to tell as the bore diameter aren't the same size.  They sound brilliant now.  I'm a very happy customer.  Refit took less then two weeks, which is more than reasonable in my book.

They look good. Quick question; since yours are double-bored like mine, are you noticing any type of filter(s) in either of the tubes leading from the arms? I'm wondering if Fisher just leaves those out of the C3s. They were completely missing from mine. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #2,471 of 2,837
No.  Actually better.  The largest bore diameter is quite big from the previous implementation.  I noticed quite a bigger soundstage.  My ear canal diameter is on the larger side compared to the average, whatever that is.   The first implementation with a single bore and filter was not correct as I was missing the details and was overly warm and the bass too muddy in contrast to the original sound signature.  It sounded like one of the drivers and/or the crossover was not correct.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #2,472 of 2,837
I am having a strange problem for the last 2 days..the volume in my right side is bit higher than in left side...this is throwing off the sound stage balance. This could be an issue with the cable?

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2,473 of 2,837
It could be.  Try swapping the L/R ear pieces and see if the imbalance follows.  If not, most likely something internal.  This is assuming your source and/or configuration with EQ and such hasn't changed.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #2,474 of 2,837
I tried multiple sources and then only i concluded that the problem is with the IEM. I am wondering whether the white diaphragm like net has been damaged somehow? I have emailed Kaysen about the issue.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #2,475 of 2,837
i had to remove the filters on mine.... they were crap but as soon as i took them out.... everything was clear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back