IEMS for DJING - Suggestions? :)
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tastethemercury

New Head-Fier
Aye guys, just stumbled across this site and it's fantastic! =)

I'm currently on a hunt for IEM's around the $350-$450 USD range (I'd like to spend more but I just shelled out for new gear) for DJING. Headphones don't provide the isolation and protection I require (I cue / mix in my headphones). Ideally looking for a great fit, solid sound isolation and punchy bass. I'm primarily spining DNB / Dubstep and Indie Dance / Nudisco - genres that are quite bass heavy. Would prefer customs, but realise that my price range is quite limiting. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thx

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 5
welcome to Head-fi!
For Djing your best bet is customs and I heard there are several models available in your price range;  look at JH series
( I am sure the experts on customs will assist you asap)

as for universals, I recommend SM3 by Earsonics or UM3X by Westone.

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 5
There are some great customs at that price range. go take a look at 1964-T at joker's thread. :)

and for universal I recommend the Futuresonics Atrio M5 for heavy bass. price around 180$.

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 5
Awesome, thank you all so much :) After doing some more research definitely looking at customs. Does anyone have experience with both the JH5 pro's and the 1964T's? I've read reviews for both and at this stage i'm leaning towards the 1964T's, but I'd like to hear from someone who may have had some experience with both of these IEMS (probably pretty unlikely, but still, gotta ask :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back