IEMs best suited for wide musical and occasional movie taste, with a hiphop/rap musical preference
May 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:
I hadn't, however have seen them suggested for similar taste before, the more and more I read however the more I am starting to lean towards the MG7s. I'm still not 100%, lol sadly this is the dilema I have with every electronics purchase. I research it to death in order to know exactly what I am geting, what to expect, and to make sure it is "for me." The way things are going though I don't see this being a sudden impulse purchase as I don't want my first set of higher end IEMs to disappoint and turn me away.

wellcome to the club!

try to buy from sites that accept returns, even if the cost is higher, it's a safer buy

May 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #17 of 33
Quote:
wellcome to the club!

try to buy from sites that accept returns, even if the cost is higher, it's a safer buy

Lol yup! Always loved technology ever since I got a nintendo gaming system as a kid haha! Always thought it was odd the amount of joy I got out of merely just researching and getting to know my gadgets and their technology.

I always do when purchasing online if I can't find a local merchant to test it out first hand. Critical acclaim matters none in the end if what you're purchasing doesn't work for you!!!

May 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #18 of 33
Ok so it looks like if I'm wanting deep hard hitting bass that doesn't overshadow the mids and highs, and offers good vocal quality I'm looking at the MG7s as one of my better/best choices in the <200 USD range? I've done a lot of reading on it and that seems to be the one that came up most consistently for having some of the best bass in the IEM business, as well as a well rounded high and mid.

May 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:
Ok so it looks like if I'm wanting deep hard hitting bass that doesn't overshadow the mids and highs, and offers good vocal quality I'm looking at the MG7s as one of my better/best choices in the <200 USD range? I've done a lot of reading on it and that seems to be the one that came up most consistently for having some of the best bass in the IEM business, as well as a well rounded high and mid.

Get the MG7... Its the only super big bass IEM I can appreciate aside from the asg-1(Although I wouldn't classify it as huge bass).  The MG7 really lacks in soundstage.  And I mean, it is literally non existing.  The mids on the MG7 I found were a tad bit recessed, but considering coming from the asg-1 and UM3X, everything sounds recessed.  The highs are nice as well.  Just get those.  The sub-bass is head rattling. I mean you will feel it in your chest.

May 21, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #20 of 33
Anyone th an idea on he cheapest place to get them currently? I'd prefer the onyx ones but the cobalt are nice as well. Buy.com is the cheapest I've seen, if anyone knows of a better price I'm all ears!

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #21 of 33
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I figured since I am essentially looking for the exact same criteria then there was no need to repeat myself in what I am looking for or my needs. 

I do still own the MG7 but am looking to go a bit higher end above the previously stated cap of 180 dollars on a new set. These are great don't get me wrong, depending the the ear piece worn with them can be a bit lacking and dull or muddy. 

I basically want the same thing in something that I can get that nice deep sub bass low out of, but this time I would like to also appreciate the mids and highs on a broader sound stage. I typically wear them watching movies, playing video games or listening to movies around the house during the night as I work overnights and don't want to disturb the neighbors or girlfriend if she stays over and has to get up the next morning. 

Seeing as I'm not really looking for portable per say, although definitely not opposed, suggestions of any cans fitting the criteria would also be considered. 

Again thanks for any and all help guys and gals, it is truly appreciated!

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #22 of 33
I would also like to note that any other gear to help achieve the best listening experience with movies, music or games would be appreciated since a lot of people don't appreciate the walls shaking and the bass thumping in the wee hours of the night especially on a weekday! 

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #23 of 33
Anyone have any suggestions for higher end cans or iems that offer superb sub bass and exceptional mids and highs on a wide sound stage? I'm really looking to stepping my listening experience up!

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #25 of 33
For Cans I'm looking at around a grand I suppose as I have my eyes on the LCD2. From what I have read they seem to fit what I would want in a Can, although I am open to suggestions in that area as well. As for IEMs I have been read good things about the Fischer Eterna, but guess I am in the 500 or so range but both figures are open as I would like to get something that I can be completely content with. 

My current headphones include a set of Studio BBD (although never wear them anymore), MG7, and my recently purchased ATH-A700x. I am just looking to step things up and fully experience music, movies, and games. Any input on an amp/DAC combo that would work with a PS4 for the headphones would also be greatly appreciated, buget for that is open ended as well as it's only going to enhance whatever it is hooked up to. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #26 of 33
  For Cans I'm looking at around a grand I suppose as I have my eyes on the LCD2. From what I have read they seem to fit what I would want in a Can, although I am open to suggestions in that area as well. As for IEMs I have been read good things about the Fischer Eterna, but guess I am in the 500 or so range but both figures are open as I would like to get something that I can be completely content with. 

My current headphones include a set of Studio BBD (although never wear them anymore), MG7, and my recently purchased ATH-A700x. I am just looking to step things up and fully experience music, movies, and games. Any input on an amp/DAC combo that would work with a PS4 for the headphones would also be greatly appreciated, buget for that is open ended as well as it's only going to enhance whatever it is hooked up to. 

Most of the IEMs discussed here cost over $500. but have a look all the same. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-updated-with-asg-2-5-and-tralucent-ref-1#post_9452102

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #27 of 33
Sounds like you have a love affair with the asg2. Is the bass that good on them? Also it says they toned down the sub bass, is it noticeable? I'll try and read over it here at work or once I get home. Cheers :beers:

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #29 of 33
Sounds like you have a love affair with the asg2. Is the bass that good on them? Also it says they toned down the sub bass, is it noticeable? I'll try and read over it here at work or once I get home. Cheers :beers:

I kinda do :)

Read the first post for the ASG-2.5 impressions, and cn11 just posted a new set of impressions a few pages back.

I have mini-reviews of each iem discussed in the second post. You can have a look at them to get a general idea of an iem that sounds appealing to you, then do further research.

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #30 of 33
I just read through all your comparisons and am really liking what I have read about them. A bit more than what I had intended to spend however not that much over. I did have a few questions after your writeup, which wonderful job btw, the 1plus2...i do not see this listed on the site, is it currently unavailable to the public? Also you intrigued me about the Fischer FA-4E xb as well as the FI-BA-SS... I'll have to do a bit of reading on those as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back