iem with great soundstage under 120$
Sep 16, 2010 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

manugeorge

New Head-Fier
hello guys
           now I am using hippo vb and klipch s4 with my sansa clip+.I want more sound stage with perfect bass quality and overall balance iem. I like the sound of vb but it has sibilance.also I don't know how much soundstage will get from clip+.please advise an iem and good amp for wide sound stage.
music I allways listen::rap(all kind with lots of bass),classic rocks,bollywood songs and other indian songs,enigma,some metal bands etc.......
                                                               advanced thanks

Sep 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #2 of 15
Radius DDM have among best bass out there in your price range., except they cost around $180 in the USA, but you can get an OEM version from MusicaAcoustics.com for around $120 or so.
Check this forum for reviews,
also HJE900 are in your price range.

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 15

Quote:
hello guys
           now I am using hippo vb and klipch s4 with my sansa clip+.I want more sound stage with perfect bass quality and overall balance iem. I like the sound of vb but it has sibilance.also I don't know how much soundstage will get from clip+.please advise an iem and good amp for wide sound stage.
music I allways listen::rap(all kind with lots of bass),classic rocks,bollywood songs and other indian songs,enigma,some metal bands etc.......
                                                               advanced thanks

Haa Haa Manu ,
 i Catch You Here Buddy Hee Hee .

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 15
I can second the recommendation for the DDMs for your preferences, but just be warned that you might not find them all that comfortable or isolating. They will have some of the most textured and deep bass at the price, as well as great soundstage placement and imaging. You won't have issues with sibilance either.

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 15
I havent heard too many iems, but i've listened to the re-2 and re-0 a lot. The soundstage on those iems is nothing to brag about. Is there such an iem that has soundstage that can compare to a pair of clip on/full sized headphones? I'm not talking about amazing soundstage like the k701, i'm talking more about something like portapros audiotechnica m50.  

Sep 18, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #7 of 15
If you want soundstage then the Silver Bullets should be the iem of choice. I have yet to hear another IEM with such immense soundstage.

Sep 18, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #8 of 15
Fischer audio eterna ( I had v1) probably have the most spacious and enveloping soundstage I have experienced on an IEM. Bass is aplenty ( too much and too bangin for me, but I believe it is toned down a fraction in v2 )  It is a rather warm IEM though, never heard any sibilance.

DDM soundstage has great depth and 3D imaging ( at least the way I percieved it) but not as spacious as eterna. Bass on DDM is even more enormous but detailed and organic, less headache inducing that eterna V1. Comfort on eterna was perfect for me, DDM great ..as long as you dont move.

HJE900 is another great option, nice soundstage, above average I'd say but not as enveloping as eterna nor as 3D as DDM, fast, punchy bass, very crisp treble ( DDM and eterna treble is smoothed out a bit)  midrange on hje maybe a little thinly sandwiched between bass and treble, been a while since I had them so may be wrongish there.  Comfort is good.

Also the humble PL30 has an extremely wide soundstage, the bass is about perfect to my ears, detail is good but it is a soft and quite warm sound, very relaxing IEM with no excessive sibilance to worry about.

Sep 18, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
Fischer audio eterna ( I had v1) probably have the most spacious and enveloping soundstage I have experienced on an IEM. Bass is aplenty ( too much and too bangin for me, but I believe it is toned down a fraction in v2 )  It is a rather warm IEM though, never heard any sibilance.

DDM soundstage has great depth and 3D imaging ( at least the way I percieved it) but not as spacious as eterna. Bass on DDM is even more enormous but detailed and organic, less headache inducing that eterna V1. Comfort on eterna was perfect for me, DDM great ..as long as you dont move.

HJE900 is another great option, nice soundstage, above average I'd say but not as enveloping as eterna nor as 3D as DDM, fast, punchy bass, very crisp treble ( DDM and eterna treble is smoothed out a bit)  midrange on hje maybe a little thinly sandwiched between bass and treble, been a while since I had them so may be wrongish there.  Comfort is good.

Also the humble PL30 has an extremely wide soundstage, the bass is about perfect to my ears, detail is good but it is a soft and quite warm sound, very relaxing IEM with no excessive sibilance to worry about.

sir thanks for the advise, I have pl 30 and I love the soundstage but I have no idea about fischer eterna some reviews give it sonic diamond but now I am in big comfusion b/w hje900,eterna and silver bullet
I want accurate bass not the boom boom and need flat overall sound,WILL I get that from eterna

Sep 18, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #10 of 15
I you dont want boom boom I'd stay away from eterna v1. HJE900 sounds like a safe bet to me, bass is fast and punchy but doesn't overwhelm like eterna's can, I think they are quite well balanced but some say aggressive. The soundstage is not huge but its certainly very healthy. I miss the HJE's, they have such a clean, pin sharp sound, eternas are very soft and warm in comparison. 
 I'd love to hear silver bullets myself...might be next on the list for me.
Quote:
sir thanks for the advise, I have pl 30 and I love the soundstage but I have no idea about fischer eterna some reviews give it sonic diamond but now I am in big comfusion b/w hje900,eterna and silver bullet
I want accurate bass not the boom boom and need flat overall sound,WILL I get that from eterna

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #12 of 15
I can't see that changing your player will make much difference to soundstage, I think clip + is meant to sound pretty much the same as fuze, which is a great player to my ears ( better than my cowon D2), especially with rockbox.
From what I've read hippo vb has even more bass than eterna so maybe you will be happy with eterna with its enveloping soundstage. I never heard any sibilance from them either. 
Might be worth looking into sennheiser ie7 also, bit overbudget and Ive not heard them myself. Watch out for fakes though.

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #13 of 15

Quote:
If you want soundstage then the Silver Bullets should be the iem of choice. I have yet to hear another IEM with such immense soundstage.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  If you have a half decent amp you will get some serious staging.  Direct from a good mp3 player like a sansa fuze, my SBs get a "good" stage. However, direct from my computer the stage and depth turn into something so amazing and so special, I just don't know what words to use to explain and describe them that would do it justice.  

You can find iems more more clarity for under $150, but Ive also never come across any IEM that has this type of stage and depth.  

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #14 of 15

Those SB's have gotta be my next purchase
smily_headphones1.gif
How would you compare them to Eternas? 
Quote:
Couldn't have said it better myself.  If you have a half decent amp you will get some serious staging.  Direct from a good mp3 player like a sansa fuze, my SBs get a "good" stage. However, direct from my computer the stage and depth turn into something so amazing and so special, I just don't know what words to use to explain and describe them that would do it justice.  

You can find iems more more clarity for under $150, but Ive also never come across any IEM that has this type of stage and depth.  

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #15 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back