IEM under 80$ - Sound signature like the HJE900?
Jun 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gimmethatbeatfool

New Head-Fier
I have a HJE900, its been fine, but lately, one of the buds sounds quieter than the other. I've tried switching them to make sure its not a cable issue, as well as refitting them, but it seems as if its an internal problem.

Looking for something with a similar sound, I like impact in my bass though, the HJE900 were nice, but I just wanted a little more bass.

I have my eye on the Hippo  VBs and the FA Eternas in particular.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 4
Bump to report same problem with new HJE900.  They seemed fine the first couple days but now one of the buds is quite a bit quieter than the other.

I'm trying panasonic support before I return them to the retailer because the retailer doesn't pay return shipping and will charge a 15% restocking fee if they determine the product is not defective.  I'm not too hopeful about panasonic's customer service, though.  It was a nightmare dealing with them about my tv. 

I got the HJE900 because they were well received and I incorrectly assumed panasonic would be able to get something as simple as earbuds right.

Anyone else have this problem?

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 4
Mine died in one ear within a month also, I think mine was the cable, tho I didnt really hang about to properly make sure, I just sent them back pronto and got a refund as it was still just within the 30 day amazon return period.
Ive not heard anything else in a similar price range with the HJE's combination of bass impact, musicality and razor sharp detail though. RE0 had the detail for sure but absolutely none of the bass impact and body of the HJE900's.
Ive not heard them but Im guessing Hippo VB or eterna's would indeed be a good choice alternative from reading the reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back