IEM that has clarity with the best bass?
Mar 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #32 of 169
Okay, I don't want to talk about it too much until my main review comes out, but rereading what you are looking for, I will highly recommend the Audiofly AF45. It will retail for under $100 and is one of the best I've heard in bass, mids and treble (with great clarity). It will be a bang-for-your buck IEM once it's released in a month or two...

The driver is about the same size as the driver in the GR07. It blows the 215 out of the water.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #33 of 169
Quote:
Audiofly AF45.

They sound amazing 
etysmile.gif
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ioywSTz3xM#t=2m31s

$59?  Nice, hope someone can compare them to Vsonic GR06.

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #39 of 169

Quote:
My recomendation is TF10. Punchy bass with one of the best highs in an IEM.

I am deciding to skip TF10s because of the fit as there are almost no positive reviews of the fit for people with small ears (like me).
I will also do further research on the C710s, thanks alot for the replies.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #40 of 169
EDIT: Okay now I need to chose between these:
  1. Atrio MG7
  2. JVC HA-FXT90
  3. Denon C710
  4. Audio Technica ATH-CK70PRO

If my first priority is clarity in all frequencies and then the most impactful/punchy bass possible, which one should I go for?
And is the clarity/bass of any of these superior to the SE215s?

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #41 of 169
Whichever phones you go for, I see an EQ in your future, because clarity and great bass is a balancing act that few phones can walk for everyone's ears.  Or you end up with phones with deep-V shaped frequency response that appears to have great clarity and bass until you start wondering where all your vocals went.  Unless you're so lucky as to be 100% satisfied with the sound you get out of the box with whatever you buy, there's nothing to it but to spend time tweaking the sound with EQ until you find your own ideal balance of "great bass", clarity (vaguely related to highs) and forwardness (mids).

These days we're lucky as we have any number of transparent digital EQs at our fingertips on the computer or player / phone.

This thread details my journey that ended with me finding my ideal sound in a $10 phone (in this case a Philips SHE3580, but really it can be anything with good driver quality to start with) with the right EQ:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-10-giant-killers-er-4p-gathering-dust

The SHE3580 remains a favourite of mine because of its good driver quality, good form factor (comfortable), durability (for me) and replaceability (easy to find and cheap).  Not saying you should buy one (although their stock sound signature might just be your cup of tea too: deep, extended subbass and clear highs), just that you can find audio nirvana in the strangest places if you know what you're doing with an EQ.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #43 of 169

Quote:
EDIT: Okay now I need to chose between these:
  1. Atrio MG7
  2. JVC HA-FXT90
  3. Denon C710
  4. Audio Technica ATH-CK70PRO

If my first priority is clarity in all frequencies and then the most impactful/punchy bass possible, which one should I go for?
And is the clarity/bass of any of these superior to the SE215s?

Basically if you want bass "as deep as possible" it would be wiser to go for a dynamic driver IEM. However, if you want a lot of clarity then a balanced armature will be better. Therefore, it is very hard to put those two in the same IEM. But if first priority is clarity, the CK70pro on that least will do, but it doesn't have the impactful bass. The SE215s have lots of bass, but unfortunately it isn't very impactful. The JVC FXT90 has a lot of bass and packs a of impact, but however the clarity is lost a bit in the process. Seriously, that sound signature you're looking for is extremely rare. You can't even find it easily in customs. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #44 of 169

Quote:
May I ask why people wearing TF10s look like idiots in your opinion?

By the way, I don't really care about "UK only seller". Was just saying that I was looking on Google UK so it showed only UK results.

because they are huge and because of their horizontal design they stick out of your ears 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back