IEM that can pick up most details
May 17, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

I originally bought my TF10s to have them remolded (either by Fischer or, more likely, Unique Melody) but was surprised to find that I like the CK10 more (TF10s were still $400 back then and I paid about 1/3 of that for CK10s). I considered having the CK10s remolded but figured that there was no guarantee that I would get better comfort or isolation in return and I would definitely lose out on the build quality.

If I think that RE0 plugs fit my ear pretty good(I can't imagine much better isolation), I am assuming customs are for people that cannot get a good fit with universal iems.  Then I could assume that I would not get much benefits from customs right?  

May 17, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:
detailed or vociferously shoving detail in your face screaming and demanding you pay attention to it?

The latter?  I don't understand what you mean.  If it is being shoved in my face, then that means details are over emphasized, is that what you mean?  I don't mind hearing singers breath while they are singing, it just makes me appreciate the equipment more, that its picking up how it was recorded.  But, for some recordings thats not their intentions.  I want headphone that can pick up tiny nuances for representing details for accuracy(more information).  Accuracy is what I am looking for as I am thinking details brings more accuracy to the image.  Will CK10 be better with that?  I already know that customs are mainly for better isolation, so don't suggest me customs people.

May 17, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #36 of 36
i mean edges being extremely hard.  something smooth like the 530 has vast detail in it if you want but its smoother and so easyer to ignore if you want.  if you want it you have to pay attention.  the CK10 takes everything and makes sure you are aware of it whether you want it there or not.  personally i find that shoved in your face detail to be rather fatiguing.  if you have the RE-0 already you should be able to hear every detail thats on the recording with them.  they really are that good but they do have that hint of the dynamic driver softness about them.  they arent so savage in the detail presentation in the way that  BA can be.  if that is what you are after then the CK10 would be a safe bet, ER4 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back