IEM Score List 2023 - What's Your Favorite IEM?
Oct 4, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #61 of 379
I hope you do realize that what you say bears a lot of subjectivity, to say the least.
Personal preferences and pairing will do or undo ratings like the ones in the table above.

I have owned or extensively tested half of the IEMs in the table and depending on the signature that each one is after, these ratings have little to high significance. Even focusing purely on bass for lovers of big headphones, I respectfully disagree about the ratings.

Well, I have respect for the ones that have experienced the IEM's personally, like yourself, and I take your criticisim for real, but for example the guy above... He never experienced a FitEar, (I know him personally so I'm sure) but still he thinks he knows better. Even if he did see the IEM, that doesn't change anything to me, because I think he doesn't know what he's talking about.

He actually is trolling, I know him enough to tell this. His opinions and critiques does not matter to me at all. 

I never said I'm the judge or something like that. I just prepared a table and shared it. It's better to see objections than agreements I can tell you that, but seeing experienced guys is obviously much better and respectful. I'm always open to discussions and even arguments.

So basically, if you experienced that particular IEM you can always disagree and argue about that. But if you've never ever seen the equipment in person, you can't throw criticism around like that. Total nonsense.

And of course, you can always setup your own table and share it. You'll see how hard it is.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #62 of 379
By the way, by saying "Control is how unagressive they're, and how they can control the peaks, it's not speed or timing" I remark the definition of my chart. I'm not saying that is universal. This is the description just in my own chart.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #63 of 379
  Well, I have respect for the ones that have experienced the IEM's personally, like yourself, and I take your criticisim for real, but for example the guy above... He never experienced a FitEar, (I know him personally so I'm sure) but still he thinks he knows better. Even if he did see the IEM, that doesn't change anything to me, because I think he doesn't know what he's talking about.

He actually is trolling, I know him enough to tell this. His opinions and critiques does not matter to me at all. 

I never said I'm the judge or something like that. I just prepared a table and shared it. It's better to see objections than agreements I can tell you that, but seeing experienced guys is obviously much better and respectful. I'm always open to discussions and even arguments.

So basically, if you experienced that particular IEM you can always disagree and argue about that. But if you've never ever seen the equipment in person, you can't throw criticism around like that. Total nonsense.

And of course, you can always setup your own table and share it. You'll see how hard it is.

BTW He is right. I'm half trolling. Virtu is a friend. Making him angry giving me personal enjoyment and I also find his thoughts/reviews lacking and I'm trying my best to assist him by making him angry.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've never experienced a Fitear, but also I've never made a statement about how it sounds. I just implied that an acrylic IEM -they say Fitear has a great craftsmanship- can't have a 10/10 point as build.

Also I find every IEM good in their class (this is a high-end class list) if it's not weirdly poor quality for it's price. There is no bad IEM, there is just incompatible sources, genres or recordings and these kind of lists making people think otherwise. IMO this is the first mistake.

I'm not going to make further discussions on this topic. I just reflected my concerns and I'm flying away. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #64 of 379

BTW He is right. I'm half trolling. Virtu is a friend. Making him angry giving me personal enjoyment and I also find his thoughts/reviews lacking and I'm trying my best to assist him by making him angry.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've never experienced a Fitear, but also I've never made a statement about how it sounds. I just implied that an acrylic IEM -they say Fitear has a great craftsmanship- can't have a 10/10 point as build.

Also I find every IEM good in their class (this is a high-end class list) if it's not weirdly poor quality for it's price. There is no bad IEM, there is just incompatible sources, genres or recordings and these kind of lists making people think otherwise. IMO this is the first mistake.

I'm not going to make further discussions on this topic. I just reflected my concerns and I'm flying away. 
dt880smile.png

You can't make me angry kid. You just think you can, but you're mistaken, you're not in that kind of level.

Yes you should.

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #65 of 379
If you have the occasion, I'd be curious to hear your take on Fidue A91, seeing how you rated the other "mid/high-end" IEMs.
They certainly have a lot of qualities, and regarding built quality, they certainly set new standard for universals, with the exception of the Kevlar sheathing on the cable, which is nice-looking but will wear out in an ugly way for sure.
This would be a good occasion to be more specific about how you rate built quality indeed (no critic intended, just asking what your preferences are).

Too bad the official distributors are very scarce (so far one in the UK, one in Singapore, one in China).

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #67 of 379
Hello, I was wondering whether anyone who has heard the IEMs in Virtu Fortuna's list could tell me which are the brightest one(s)? I'm looking for a high end universal IEM with a bright and dynamic sound signature and very high isolation. I've heard the K10 and Westone 4R. Didn't like the Westone and preferred the K10, but even that was a bit too smooth for me. Many thanks.

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #68 of 379
Hello, I was wondering whether anyone who has heard the IEMs in Virtu Fortuna's list could tell me which are the brightest one(s)? I'm looking for a high end universal IEM with a bright and dynamic sound signature and very high isolation. I've heard the K10 and Westone 4R. Didn't like the Westone and preferred the K10, but even that was a bit too smooth for me. Many thanks.

Hello.

I'm sorry for very late response.

Well, the bright IEM's in the list are: UM MasonUM Martian (not too much but a little bright), UM Maverick (similar to Martian but Martian is much better when you consider the price), AKT8iENoble Savanna and Savant and JH Rosie.

I haven't listened to it but looks like Noble Katana is a TOTL IEM with a bright and sharp sound. When you look at the reviews it's definitely bright and open sounding. The name also reflects that character. 

In terms of isolation, Noble's are not that good. UM's are very good to me and also AKT8iE has a really good fit. It's also the most comfortable among those I mentioned.

Earsonics ES-2 and ES-3's scores will be here soon.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #69 of 379
Hello.

I'm sorry for very late response.

Well, the bright IEM's in the list are: UM MasonUM Martian (not too much but a little bright), UM Maverick (similar to Martian but Martian is much better when you consider the price), AKT8iENoble Savanna and Savant and JH Rosie.

I haven't listened to it but looks like Noble Katana is a TOTL IEM with a bright and sharp sound. When you look at the reviews it's definitely bright and open sounding. The name also reflects that character. 

In terms of isolation, Noble's are not that good. UM's are very good to me and also AKT8iE has a really good fit. It's also the most comfortable among those I mentioned.

Earsonics ES-2 and ES-3's scores will be here soon.

plz add earsonics S-EM9

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #71 of 379
I'm looking for a high end universal IEM with a bright and dynamic sound signature and very high isolation. I've heard the K10 and Westone 4R. Didn't like the Westone and preferred the K10, but even that was a bit too smooth for me. Many thanks.

Look at Campfire Jupiter, I listened them via iPhone which is a little warmer. But Jupiter sounds very clean, very tight and very dynamic. I think it could be what you look for and price is not bad too..and moreover it sure will compete well against most totl IEM/CIEM.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #73 of 379
  Thank you. If it helps someone then I'm happy.

Nobles are really good IEM's. I think Westone has to step up a little and they're releasing the new W80, we'll see how good it is.

... I am hoping that you may have the chance to audition the new W80... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back