IEM recommendations
Oct 17, 2010 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Linnus

New Head-Fier
So I've had a nuforce ne-7m and a klipsch image s4i earphones, but both of them died within a couple months.  I've had my nuforce replaced like 4 times.  Klipsch has some lousy customer service, so I haven't got it replaced even though it's still in warranty.  It's always one side of the earphone stops working.  I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a reliable high quality IEM?  I swear my ears aren't made out of steel or anything.  My budget is pretty high so just throw anything at me.  My playlist consists of pop, classical, and R&B.  Thanks in advance!

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Reliable IEM?
Most of the earphones I have owned I reliable, it also depends how you take care of them.
If you price range wide, you can aim at SM3 or e-Q7, or FX700 or IE8,
Or Heaven SB or A1 from FAD. DBA-02 from FA, Choices are there, what sound you like to hear?  Dynamic vs BA?

these above are priced from 300 and up USD.
SM3 is the most expensive but it is also a rather fragile IEM, though customer service of Earsonics are absolutely best, so no worries in case they break, you can get them replaced or fixed.

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the recommendations.  I think I take a decent care of them.  All of the IEMs I own has a remote control and a mic, and I think that is the reason why they keep failing.  Drivers don't matter to me that much.  How is Westone 3 build quality?  On the other hand, I'm a bit hesitant buying westone 3 and IE 8 in the US because it's so much more expensive compared to Great Britain and some other places.  I'm looking for something that is fun, vibrant, and warm, not for reference.  Also, I can't find e-Q7 for sale online.  Also, out of those IEMs which of them can you change the cables on?

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 5
After reading a bunch of reviews I decided on the SM3.  Just ordered them fromm Sound Earphones.  I thought about getting a refurb IE8 from adgtron on amazon, but I found it fishy that he said he was an authorized dealer when the sennheiser said otherwise.  Anyway, thanks for the recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back